Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Enlightenment & The River of Life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  8:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Unenlightenment

Paddling upstream against the current of the River of Life with all your might; gasping, going under, breaking the surface again, fearing for your life, and somehow finding that last little reservoir of strength and will, in order to paddle with all your might, with everything you have, yet again - to somehow - somehow, survive - while, despite everything you can do, being pulled downstream at ten miles an hour.

Enlightenment

Floating downstream in the River of Life at ten miles an hour.

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 08 2009 8:20:42 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  8:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it...Just let go and let life happen. It's going to anyways!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  10:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman and CarsonZi,

Not sure I agree with this one...the salmon fight to go upstream for a reason.

No tapas...no fire...no progress.

If you guys think spiritual progress requires no discipline (just mindlessly floating downstream)...I must respectfully disagree.

Edited by - machart on May 08 2009 11:27:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Active Surrender (that's just my path though)

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
CarsonZi,
It took a lot of discipline to give up drugs...I respect that...You just need to be mindful of what you surrender to. Sounds like you are surrendering to God..that is good!

Floating downstream is too easy...any block of wood can do that.

I still have lots of impurities in my system that I must fight...so surrendering to tamas is not the best path for me...although it might be the easiest.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart

If you guys think spiritual progress requires no discipline (just mindlessly floating downstream)...I must respectfully disagree.

In my experience, surrender takes a great deal of discipline. Have you tried it? It's very difficult until it happens. I see nothing mindless about it...

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  04:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's a brilliant analogy (or whatever you call that word)

To me it provides a snapshot glimpse of the huge fights, struggles, almost drownings, heartwrenchings aches and pains, which are the sufferings of life.
Comparing this to the freedom of floating down the stream, which is the action of non-doing or stillness in action, is beautiful.

We can get stuck in the small detail of analogies like this and miss the point.
my 2 irishcents

Thanks Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's easy to fight...it's hard to let go.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  7:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

It's easy to fight...it's hard to let go.

Love,
Carson

So fully agreed, indeed, Brother Carson!

Until it's easier to let go ... easier to let go ... it's the flow to let go ...

... and then ... this one beautiful eternal moment now, where it's realized ...

It's dreaming to fight.

It's real to let go.

Harmonizing in the Happiness of the Heart of Us All,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000