New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even know if the rainbow body exists, but if it does, you can only obtain it by buddhist techniques. I have an understanding of rainbow body theory.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even the Buddha said after his enlightenment that "This can not be taught."

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson

I don't even know if the rainbow body exists, but if it does, you can only obtain it by buddhist techniques. I have an understanding of rainbow body theory.

You cannot absolutely know this to be true. This is ONLY your opinion. Nothing more.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Doesn't it seem REALLY silly to you to say that you don't know if something exists but that you know the only way to acheive it? That seems ridonkulous to me!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 11:57:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no evidence there is a "THE Truth" like you say. Buddhists would say the same thing
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good!!! Now we are getting somewhere.....Even YOU are now stating that there is no "THE Truth". Can you see the contradiction you are making now?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are nutz.

I have said this since the last page. All buddhists, as well, negate the claim there is a reality. The reality is that there is no reality. This is pure Buddhist Madhyamaka. This is part of the view.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 12:05:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha. Your perogative. I could say the same, but I don't really think it. You aren't nuts. I don't think you are very centered in inner silence, but that is just my opinion. Just like it is your opinion that I am nuts. You might be right, but you might be wrong. Same with the idea of the rainbow body. You could be right, you could be wrong. There is really no point in debating it until you actually have some personal experience with it though. Same here. I'm done.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say one last thing. I think we are using different definitions of Truth.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 12:17:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree. I do not define Truth as "how Robert Bruce defines Truth"...I think for myself

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But that is the Robert Bruce definition of Truth...doing it yourself, creating your own spiritual reality

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 12:26:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then I guess we AREN'T using different definitions of Truth then are we?

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 12:27:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  1:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi alwayson. Do you think that it is possible that there have been/are, Buddhists who don't know that they are Buddhists, that have obtained to the rainbow body. Respectfully, divinefurball

Edited by - divinefurball on Apr 28 2009 3:07:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I have never heard of a non-buddhist obtaining rainbow body, except Bon people. But Bon has exact same buddhist view, intention/aspiration, dedication of merit etc. And it is these things that make the difference

Do I think it is possible for a non-buddhist/bon person to obtain rainbow body?

Also no. If you understand how the rainbow body process works, you know you need dedicate merit, have the proper intention to benefit all sentient beings etc.

I think its important to understand that in Indian tantra, whether buddhist or hindu, it is said that you can use tantra (yes even the AYP stuff taught here) for any purpose including evil, material wealth etc!!

The intention is part of what lets you obtain rainbow body or whatever lower spiritual goal you have. The other part is view. I tried to explain this before.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 4:08:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And you think only Buddhists can have right intention or that only Buddhists have the right view/perspective Doesn't seem to be very discerning that's for sure.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 4:11:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its not even about the label of buddhism. Its about intention and view. Bon people also achieve rainbow body because they have the same intention and view.

Since these people want to benefit infinite sentient beings, the aspiration becomes infinite, and thus the Buddha's body also becomes infinite (permanent).

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 4:16:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Its not even about the label of buddhism.

quote:

No, I have never heard of a non-buddhist obtaining rainbow body

quote:

Do I think it is possible for a non-buddhist/bon person to obtain rainbow body?

Also no.

Contradiction no

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 4:17:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you and I have very different ideas of what a buddhist is actually. You are too caught up in the label. I look underneath the hood so to speak. Its the same problem you have had since page 2.

A buddhist for me is anyone with proper view and intention. Its a functional thing for me.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 4:35:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like I said before, you call it Buddhism, I call it Yoga, and they meet at the end. These are all different labels of the same thing. You have a hate-on for anything you deem "Yoga" or "Hinduism" and put on a pedestal anything that you consider "Buddhism". And what that is differs minute to minute with you it seems.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  6:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Buddhism is different because of the view of emptiness (which I tried to explain before with the snake analogy), dedication of merit, and the intention to become perfectly awakened for the benefit of inifinite sentient beings.

If you have these three things you are eligible to obtain rainbow body, whether you call yourself buddhist or bon or yogi.

Or instead you can use yoga for inferior spiritual goals such as becoming a demigod (hinduism), becoming wealthy etc. It is all about intent, creating your own spiritual reality.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:28:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  7:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or you can use yoga to achieve emptiness, dedication of merit and the intention of becoming perfectly enlightened for the benefit of all sentient beings

Achieving this doesn't make you a Hindu or a Buddhist or a Christian, etc it makes you That. Free from all labels
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  7:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a rainbow tatoo. Does that mean that I have achieved Rainbow Body? Or does it just make me a Buddhist?
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  7:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Or you can use yoga to achieve emptiness,

You can't achieve emptiness. All phenomenon already and always lack inherent essence.

It isn't something to be achieved lol.

It is a view. From this view, you use yoga to obtain rainbow body. The yogas and tantric techniques are same between hindus and buddhists. The difference is the view combined with intention, which allows buddhists to obtain rainbow body.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:35:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  9:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You win!!! Congrats!!!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  9:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The winner and still undefeated champion..........Alwayson!!!!!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
by the way, the people who obtain rainbow body do call themselves yogis, and do perform similar yogas to those taught here at AYP, but they also have a couple of advanced yogas not taught here...

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 29 2009 12:02:31 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000