New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  6:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear alwayson, please forgive my ignorance, but what is the "rainbow body" and the displaying of it? I have seen you mention it in other posts. Wishing you the very best, divinefurball

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  8:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when someone wields the Sambhogakâya on earth

Then the wielder very shortly moves on and sets up his or her own Pure Land.

So it is a precious thing when someone wields Sambhogakâya for a couple of days here on planet earth.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 27 2009 8:33:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  08:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you alwayson, that was very helpfull. Can, or has, this ever been obtained by someone who is not - or was not - a practicing Buddhist? All the best, divinefurball
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You must be Buddhist because of how the rainbow body process works.
The rainbow body process is based in dependent origination and dedication of merit, proper view etc.

Many of the elements necessary for rainbow body are combined into one little paragraph such as:

I take refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
By the merit I accumulate by practising generosity and the other perfections, I attain perfect awakening for the benefit of all sentient beings.

In this one paragraph, you have dedicated merit for the purpose of obtainining Buddhahood for all sentient beings. Now pay attention. Since there is an infinite number of sentient beings, your aspiration becomes infinite, thus allows you to obtain perfect Buddhahood.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 10:53:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I might as well just give up meditation etc since I'm not a Buddhist and will never acheive enlightenment! What a let down. Yikes!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
meditation is just a tool, so who knows what you will obtain. Meditation is like a car. You can drive in wrong and right directions.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:02:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't think the Dharma is just a tool as well? It is.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, Dharma is a view:

All phenomenon lack inherent essence, including thoughts and emotions.
Therefore simply let emotions and thoughts self-liberate, like thieves in an empty house. Or like a snake untying its own knots.
Furthermore thoughts and emotions are merely energy currents in the body.
(You can actually feel emotions in the physical chakras...)

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:14:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
View is synonomous with perspective. There is no one "right" perspective for everyone. The Dharma is NOT the one and only path to enlightenment. To state this is ridiculous IMO. Sorry if that seems harsh to you. No offence meant.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
truth is truth, no matter what you call it.

you don't even need to take refuge in the buddha, dharma and sangha. You can also take refuge in the dharmakaya, which is nothing but the view.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:24:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah agreed. Whether you call it Dharma or I call it Yoga, Truth is Truth.

Love,
Carson

Until you throw away all your ideas of what Truth is, you will never truly know The Truth.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 11:25:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So do you think there are good and bad thoughts and emotions? Do you think these things have their own dualistic essence?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NO. There is no good and bad. There only is what Is.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 11:26:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
Until you throw away all your ideas of what Truth is, you will never truly know The Truth.

right I agree, thats why buddhists only negate the false claims of others, and do not assert anything. What I wrote before was a clear negation against those who think that thoughts and emotions have inherent essence.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 29 2009 12:07:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have the thought/idea that enlightenment can only be achieved through Buddhist methods. This is NOT Truth. And until you drop this idea you will never know The Truth.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually said the rainbow body can only be obtained by buddhist methods. This is true, and stand by it.

But, I have no personal experience to back up the fact that the rainbow body exists! Just historical reports.

P.S. The view is definitely correct from personal experience. This is Truth.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:40:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Truth for you. NOT The Truth. Buddhism is but one path to the end. Not THE path to the end.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am just saying the view is correct. You even agreed that thoughts and emotions lack a dualistic essence

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:45:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I never said that the rainbow body can't be acheived via Buddhist methods. I just said that enlightenment (what you call the rainbow body) is acheivable through other methods as well, and not JUST through Buddhist methods.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you gotta be kidding right? Do you know what the rainbow body is?

You are saying you can achieve the rainbow body by non-buddhist methods?

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:46:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson

I am just saying the view is correct. You even agreed that thoughts and emotions lack a dualistic essence

Of course. But there is no "correct" view. There is only the correct view from YOUR perspective.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

you gotta be kidding right?

Why?
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
explain how you would acheive the rainbow body by non-buddhist methods
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:

Of course. But there is no "correct" view. There is only the correct view from YOUR perspective.

Love,
Carson

right, but Robert Bruce has called this the correct way to arrive at Truth. It is Truth when you personally verify it multiple times. You are the judge and jury

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 28 2009 11:50:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inquiring into the nature of existance(Inquiry). Meditation. Pranayama. Tantra. etc etc etc.....

There is no ONE path to enlightenment. (and I don't buy the whole "rainbow body" being the only indicator of enlightenment. I see the rainbow body as a potential side effect of enlightenment, and I don't think that everyone who is enlightened displays the rainbow body even if they could. But these are just my thoughts and constitute no fact.)

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 28 2009 11:51:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert Bruce is just a man like any other. Anyone who know THE Truth does not just speak it out. Truth is not able to be spoken.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000