Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Which AYP book next ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  12:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
6 months with DM and SB and I think it might be worth learning some more. I have both books, the wilder book and advanced Yoga practices.

The book that seems to catch my eye is 'self enquiry', would this be a good way to go and how does the DM book vary from this, what additional information is in the book ?

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Karl,

My progression was DM, SB, Asanas/Mudras/Bandhas, Samyama, Diet/Shatkarmas/Amaroli and I am currently reading the Self Inquiry book.

My rationale was that I wanted to learn the mechanics of the various sitting/physical practices first, and then move on to Self Inquiry. The book on Samyama has been particularly helpful and the practice has helped me to go deeper into Stillness, I highly recommend!!

But I would follow your Inner Guru, and if its leading you to Self Inquiry I would follow that. I have always been led to exactly the right information I needed at any given time, so if your intuition is pointing you in a particular direction, that's the way to go!!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  2:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Self inquiry book is a deep explanation about the witnessing process,its phases...not a "cookbook" of self inquiry,only providing an open aproach to self inquiry practice.But very complete book,and deeper than DM.Its like a "continuation" to dm book,when you have got the first goals of DM (stillness)
A good choose.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 24 2009 2:10:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  4:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My suggestion to someone asking me this question would be the 8 limbs book. It helps show how to structure a routine
that is my 02
brother Neil

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  9:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000