Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 VIDEO: Prayers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  8:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

This sub-four-minute video is amazing … mostly in terms of the scope of what it conveys in such a short time, with such a small set of visual images, such beautiful music and singing - and so few ... rather inspirational ... lyrics.

It's amazingly cool enough up until just about 1:00 (minute) into the video.

Then something unexpected happens.

... and that's all I'm gonna say ....

Please take a few minutes if you like ... and enjoy your ....

PRAYERS!

Heart is Where the AUM Is,

Kirtanman

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  01:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirt, Thanks for sharing the link for this video.

You said "It's amazingly cool enough up until just about 1:00 (minute) into the video."

In my opinion, the whole thing was beautiful.

I do not have an issue with seeing the woman who is actually singing the prayer song if that is what you are referring to.

But thanks again for sharing it. I've listened to it several times, enjoying it very much.

Kathy

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  2:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NagoyaSea

Kirt, Thanks for sharing the link for this video.

You said "It's amazingly cool enough up until just about 1:00 (minute) into the video."

In my opinion, the whole thing was beautiful.

I do not have an issue with seeing the woman who is actually singing the prayer song if that is what you are referring to.

But thanks again for sharing it. I've listened to it several times, enjoying it very much.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your comments -- and I agree with you, wholeheartedly!

"Spoiler Alert" (for anyone who hasn't see the video) ....

I meant "good unexpected", not "bad unexpected"!

The video has a certain vibe ... showing the similarities among all types of prayer ... and that all cultures have similar-yet-diverse ways of praying ... yet all cultures have a lot of people who sincerely pray.

As you (Kathy) know, from having seen it -- this is showcased with some beautiful visual scenes, music and singing.

*THEN* ... @ 1:00 minute, give or take a second or two, into the video ...

All those scenes of group prayer are replaced with a lone, confident woman, apparently of Middle-Eastern heritage, singing in an Arabic (?) language ... with the English sub-titles telling us that she's singing:

Nevermind the shape of your church
True faith brings you to the light
Spreading the words of love and peace

Whatever your religion
Prayers bring you to the light
Illuminating the world with love and peace

Never mind the shape of your church
The kindness of your heart will prevail

Personally, I find *everything* about the song and video to be enjoyable, artistically impressive and moving, powerful, poignant and pretty much downright wonderful!

Most people see only the differences in various religions, and/or extol the benefits of their own religion .... this video highlights the beauty and universality of all sincere devotion ... and highlights it in a way that's both beautiful and profound.

If I *really* watch-listen to it (as opposed to having it play in the background) .. I usually end up with tears happily forming in my eyes at some point ... and while the point varies, it's always in conjunction with the lyrics shown above.

I hope that "clarifies my position on the matter."

Awareness, Peace & Fun,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  12:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also appreciated it so much that I scratched down the lyrics as I listened and watched last night. Co-existence and the realization that we are all flowers in the garden of the universe.
Beauty. thanks again for sharing it.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000