Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Overlooking practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  5:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
while looking at the threads there is not much discussion on the shatkharmas on things such as bhasti. the physical is mental and the mental is physical. Have we cleansed ourselves with the practices yogani has offered. Is our practice well rounded, is there practical practices that we overlook?
just passing on thoughts

Brother Neil

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  5:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think certain practices resonate with certain people for certain reasons. I practice a few of the shatkarmas (nauli and jala neti) but many of them I do not because they do not resonate with me. That's not to say that they won't in the future, but I can't know that either. One day at a time. One MOMENT at a time.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that you post this Brother Neil. I read the diet shatkarmas and amaroli book a few months ago, but haven't applied too much of it. Started to revisit it last week, as my "inner guru" seems to be nudging me in that direction. Started jala neti last week, and was planning on trying the bhasti in coming weeks. And then you post this. Beautiful syncronicity.

My diet has been off and on, but this is something I need to get better control over...

What has your experience been with these practices?
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  8:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhasti was a good release
neti
I used to be allergic to cats and I no longer am, after about a year or so
carson, of course brother, each at their own pace and own inner guru. Yogani does talk about bhasti being a good idea in the middle stages of practices, makes sense because once we start releasing a lot of toxins we may need a little help to flush them through some areas. try it once brother and see how it feels. You never know until you try
that is my .02
trust your inner guru
brother neil

Edited by - brother neil on Apr 17 2009 8:19:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  11:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will consider it....haha

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother Neil,

How often did you do bhasti? Did you notice any increase in overall ecstatic conductivity?

Do you do nauli?
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Brother Neil,

How often did you do bhasti? Did you notice any increase in overall ecstatic conductivity?

Do you do nauli?

my guru is in me, your guru is in you :) On this practice you really want me to share the secenery? LOLOLOLOLOL those things I intend to keep to myself unless the time comes where assistance is needed. do you have the book on it? Yogani says those in "middle stages" can do it daily before routine. pleasee refer to his instruction on it.http://www.aypsite.org/314.html

Edited by - brother neil on Apr 18 2009 11:50:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  07:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Come on Neil at least post the pictures...any audio files would be helpful as well All of mine can be found on youtube hahahahahaha

Peace& Namaste
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pairallaxitives,
this thread could turn really funny, however I dont know if that would be safe for the little ones and I have already got in trouble once this week from the higher ups,
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brother neil,

The Hatha Yoga Pradipika talks about the importance of those exercises. It goes into some detail and the commentary by Swami Satyananda saraswati from Bihar School of Yoga goes into a lot of detail about it. Accordinly, they are quite very important practices for various reasons. Possibly even dangerous. Take care. And try to get the book if you can :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000