Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation Flat!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  08:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been meditating for many years now using the AYP technique and i have noticed recently that the meditation is very flat. Is this normal? I ask because it is usually very serene and relaxing. Thanks all.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes UniversalMind, it's very normal. Meditation can go from peaceful to flat to mindy to don't want to meditate to sleepy to happy to samadhi.. etc... different flavours during various phases of purification. Just go with them and the phase passes faster. The more thought you give to analyzing the session, the longer that phase lingers on.
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/244.html
The truest measure of right meditation and pranayama is in how we feel afterward during our daily activities. If we feel refreshed with more inner stability, energy and creativity, then that indicates our practice is correct.

Whatever happens in sitting practices is not to be judged as right or wrong, worthy or unworthy. We just follow the easy procedure and that is right practice. In meditation, when we realize we are off, we just easily come back to the mantra. It is like that in all the practices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000