Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Need help with cycles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  10:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been doing the ayp program for a little over two years now. I clearly was doing too many practices the first and part of the 2nd year and the result was instability in my daily life. After much wrong headed thinking (I need to push through or add different practices etc...) I finally started to simplify my life as well as practice.

I am actually down to 2 mins of sbp and about 3-4 mins of dm. I was doing this twice a day but have cut back to just the morning since December of last year. I have also been largely celibate (only 1 ejaculation since last August)

What I clearly percieve now is that there is a cyclical nature to what my body is going through. The energy, seems to be traveling up from above the navel, to the heart area, then throat, and finally in the head, culminating in throbbing in the third eye area. I'm not a very visual person so this awareness is largely at the "feeling" level and there definitely has not been a out of this world kundalini hurricance thing.

The cycling happens over about 3 weeks with phases of mental and physical (although less physical than before) fatigue, followed by a more stable period, which is eventually followed by an "up" phase. I don't know much about chakra theory but it seems like the energy is going through them and producing associated effects (i.e, emotional sensitivity when at the heart area....). Interesting, since about 2-3 months of celibacy, the energy doesn't seem to spend much time in the lower centers and thus there is much, much, much, less sexual desire, etc.....

What I would like to know is what recommendations can people make regarding the cycles. I would love to collapse the cycles to a much more stable middle ground. Otherwise, both the down and up phase make my life much more difficult in terms of getting things done, etc...

Obviously my practice times are down to very low levels but it doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the cycles. Also, witnessing is there to an extent, so I don't get sucked in by the emotional lability as much. My concern is more for the physical effects. It almost feels like a hypomanic episode followed by a hypodepressive episode.

What can I do to blunt the physical effects of the cycles? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  08:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Eitherway

The cycling happens over about 3 weeks with phases of mental and physical (although less physical than before) fatigue, followed by a more stable period, which is eventually followed by an "up" phase. desire, etc.....

What I would like to know is what recommendations can people make regarding the cycles. I would love to collapse the cycles to a much more stable middle ground. Otherwise, both the down and up phase make my life much more difficult in terms of getting things done, etc...

Hi Eitherway,
The cycles of highs and lows happen with purification, opening, purification, opening.. so on. As you progress the cycles will get shorter and shorter.. with the low phases lasting from a couple of days to a few hours/min. The highs will be shorter too and the stable period between will get longer.

The thing you have to do is to not attach to the "lows" and as Neptune says give away the "highs"... this will make the periods and intensity of "highs" and "lows" shorter and shorter.. and will result in longer stable periods inbetween and as a result the cycles of highs and lows getting shorter and shorter.

I have talked about this in a few posts maybe they will help you.
From attachment and aversion be free..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5315#47094
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#44687

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 16 2009 09:10:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  12:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Thank you Neptune and Shanti. I will follow your advice.

Any idea if learning and practicing Tai Chi would help?

thanks,
eitherway
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000