Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Soy products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  06:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Folks,

Recently read a few articles saying unfermented soy products are bad for your health:

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/soy-fo...you-fat.html

Not sure if it's true but thought I'll post it here as we probably have a lot of ppl with vegetarian diet.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hooped if that's true! I have developed a pretty serious "Extra Hot Soy Chai No Water Latte" habit that I can't seem to break.

Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  06:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

The thing is that I'm not nutrition expert and have no possibility to evaluate this stuff. I know that for instance in macrobiotics which is considered very healthy they do eat a lot of tofu, soy products etc. So there's loads of contradictory information out there. This did scare me off my soy pate though :).
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  7:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Soy is really really bad as nowadays all the soy is GMO means it is genetically modified.

I read somewhere that one glass of soy milk contains comparable amount of harmones found in birth control pills.

Specially it is not good for guys.

Search google for more on this.

Just my 2 cents...
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Organic soy is not genetically engineered. I have some in moderation, mostly tempeh and miso, not daily. For milks, I prefer nut milks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000