Enlightenment Milestones
 Finding AYP is a kind of milestone too
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

realmystic

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  01:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit realmystic's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste, jai sri Yogani! I was looking through the forums and my heart really responded to "milestones." I've been reflecting a lot in the past few months on my own milestones, or moments of grace, all the experiences I've had that I know now, looking back, were like gifts from Heaven. Last summer was the 50th anniversary of my first "sign," a prophetic message that fifteen years later came to pass, and dear God, was it spectacular. Now, I get it that we all have slightly-different to wildly-different ways of relating to the cosmic questions in life and the search for or path to Enlightenment. That's easy to see, just reading through some of the forums. There was one that dealt with some of the frustrations that some people have in trying to get something out of meditating, or get somewhere, just to have a sense of gaining some progress. I'm kind of at the other end of that, after fifty years, or thirty-six if you count from my initiation into yogic/spiritual meditation. I had phenomenal experiences that week and that year, following my particular guru. I was in what I now understand to have been a cult group for the next eight years, and there were some problems that went with that, but now I look back and think, that's what it took. I was a devotee, for better or worse. I don't regret a thing. How could I? I got exactly what I wanted in this life. I became a yogi and a mystic because fifty years ago, famed psychic Jean Dixon reportedly predicted that a Golden Child from the East would come to bring Peace to the World, and he was born in 1957. When I found my Satguru, he was a Golden Child from the East, born in 1957. No one on this planet has ever had a better experience of bhakti than I did in those years.

But some of my "favorite" milestones are more recent. One year ago, after starting a new Hatha Yoga class as a student (trying to do some catching up on asanas), I found my Stillness, sitting over my heart. Non-yoga folks don't know what a big deal that is, but for me, it counted just as much as the first moment of bliss and golden light did in '73. It's so simple, so still, so "nothing," in a way. But HUGE. It changed my life. It was kind of like graduating from the school for late bloomers. OK, kid -- NOW you're a yogi.

There were a bunch of other milestones, too, but I'll save them for another time. I just want to tell Yogani that I appreciate how lucid, how exactly right his explanations and commentaries seem to be, even though I haven't read everything yet. I really appreciate what the AYP site is doing. There's a lot about yoga in general that I don't know, I'm finding a lot of interesting angles to it here and there. But the YOGA, the union, the Spiritual Realization that is possible, I know something about that. Enlightenment? I have some ideas about what to tell people who ask what it is, what the word really means, etc. If the SUN ever shows up inside your skull? If you meditate and disappear into the Light? We'll talk... Sorry to sound like an old know-it-all, but yes, I AM old, thanks.
NAMASTE / PEACE & BLESSINGS / Yogi da

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  12:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Realmystic, and welcome!

Thanks much for your kind sharing. It is always good to have the benefit of those with long experience in this game.

We are in a new era where the journey is becoming much more clearly understood to be centered in every individual. It has always been like that, of course. But we have sometimes been distracted by externals, whether it be a guru or God "out there" somewhere. Having been through so much, now many can observe for themselves that the doorway to the divine is much closer to home, right in here.

Which does not mean we ought to dispense with whatever or whoever "out there" inspires us to open our inner doors. Wherever we have found our inspiration and assistance, it has been good, and continues to be. The divine is everywhere, longing to fly on the wings of our bhakti (divine desire) and rising inner silence. Because of all that has gone before, we are able to see the process of human spiritual transformation much more clearly from the inside now.

With the increasing flow of divine energy occurring through everyone around the world, "peer-to-peer" horizontal transmissions of spiritual knowledge are spontaneously occurring everywhere. AYP is a symptom of that paradigm shift.

What we need are the most effective tools, freely available, continually being optimized on the individual level, on a journey that is self-inspired and self-directed. With that occurring in every culture and community on the planet, there is no limit to what humanity can accomplish in divine unfoldment.

Onward!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000