Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 How to avoid eating down the energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  09:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I appear to be getting plenty of good nutrition during the day (fruits, veggies, nuts, fish, flax oil, kelp, brown rice, Oat bran, etc). But I keep waking in the middle of the night and eating...usually raisins or almonds. It seems to help me get back to sleep. I would like to break thjis habit. Any ideas?

Also, while on the toipic of eating. When you eat soemthing that your body really needs do you feel an energetic sensation in your head? This happens to me from time to time. Most recently when I was snacking on some sesame sticks.

Edited by - AYPforum on Mar 08 2009 09:22:00 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  09:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  11:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you are not eating enough or you are eating too light of a diet. I am not kundalini-active, but I have been when I have used marijuana in conjunction with AYP (which I havent done in 3 months). During a long stretch of this I lost about 20 lbs because I never wanted to eat anything cooked or heavy. I had this feeling of repulsion at the idea of "weighing my body down". For me it created a lot of guilt surrounding food and created stress about eating the perfect spiritual diet. Now that I am normal old Anthony again I don't stress about it so much because I don't feel that kind of energy anymore.

I don't know if that fits your situation or not. It looks like you eat a wonderful diet! But maybe if you are waking up in the middle of the night all jacked up you need to eat more or heavier.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  12:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

Maybe you are not eating enough or you are eating too light of a diet. I am not kundalini-active, but I have been when I have used marijuana in conjunction with AYP (which I havent done in 3 months). During a long stretch of this I lost about 20 lbs because I never wanted to eat anything cooked or heavy. I had this feeling of repulsion at the idea of "weighing my body down". For me it created a lot of guilt surrounding food and created stress about eating the perfect spiritual diet. Now that I am normal old Anthony again I don't stress about it so much because I don't feel that kind of energy anymore.

I don't know if that fits your situation or not. It looks like you eat a wonderful diet! But maybe if you are waking up in the middle of the night all jacked up you need to eat more or heavier.

I'd say the bigggest problem with my diet that I can see is lack of variety. Every day I eat 2 servings of raw spinach and 2 servings of celery. I also eat 6 servings of fruit from the following blue berries, lemon, apples, bananas, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, grapes and raisins. I take in 2 servings of fish (usually tilpaia or flounder). 1 always eat 1 and sometimes 2 servings of almonds. And I generally get 1-2 servings of brown basmati rice and 1 serving of oat bran. I supplement my diet with Flax oil and kelp. I drink about 4-6 8 ounce cups of green tea daily. I also throw in the occasional serving of ice cream, chocalate, little debbie cake, or snack chips. All this maintains my weight right at about 190 pounds which is 5 pounds more than I weighed in High school (and I am now 39). But maybe I need to eat something heavier like throw in some red meat or something like that?

By the way, you say that your kundalinoi went dormant. Is that typical?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  1:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It does sound like your body is asking for heavier foods (this happens at times when kundalini is active, it is a way to ground the high energy).. it does not have to be meat.. but try potatoes, pasta, cheese. Rice is heavy and grounding.. so that is good.

The other thing that came to me during meditation was.. maybe like you said, it has just become a habit. So if you eat lets say 10 almonds and 10 raisins every night, cut it down to 5 and follow it up with a glass of water, then in a few nights 2 followed by water.. and so on.. cut back on the qty.. and put your focus on the water. Just a feeling, you will be able to get over this and replace it with a drink of water each night.

Dunno if it makes sense .. but you can try it.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 08 2009 1:41:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  3:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I almost forgot, I eat egg whites every day too. I love potatoes and pasta, but took them out of my diet when my wife and I were struggling with yeast problems. She's had yeast issues her whole life and I think I got them from her. My yeast issues have subsided but hers continue. So maybe I can add a plain bake potatoe in and some brown rice pasta. They would be welcome additions.

Thanks!

PS...I do think that at least par tof my middle of the night snacking deal is habit.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  3:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Also, while on the toipic of eating. When you eat soemthing that your body really needs do you feel an energetic sensation in your head? This happens to me from time to time. Most recently when I was snacking on some sesame sticks."

Very much like a refreshing energy around the eyes? Thats what I experience when I eat something thats needed/wholesome./
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  9:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
solo,

Your diet seems great. I would really make sure you're getting enough complete protein everyday as well as fats. Fish is a great protein, but is very lean and it looks like the only other fats youre eating come from the almonds and the occasional junk food you mentioned. Perhaps eat more whole eggs (the yolk is the healthiest part!) and eat more good fats.

Are you typically energetic and feel well rested?

In response to your question - I would experience being kundalini active when I would use marijuana. This only happened after I began yoga practices and continued my marijuana use from the past...but it completely changed its effects and would open up my channels. I would use it for a couple days to a week and then burn out and stop using it and would go back to normal. So yeah now that I'm not using it anymore I would not consider myself with active kundalini.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I am in general a high energy person. But of late I have been all over the place. My accupuncturist told me to only eat fish for meats. And she wanted me to eat egg whites for eggs. So I made those changes. But I haven't been back to see her in 6+ months. My system may have different requirements now.

Just this past week I ate some Sesame Sticks for a snack. They have soybean oil and sesame seeds in them. My body really loved the good fat in those. I may also start adding one yoke in with my egg whites to get a more complete protein sequence.

I've got to find the right balance between easy to digest foods and foods that will help to keep me grounded.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000