Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 not alone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  7:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Then I fell out of the world, fading away through strange landscapes not like anything ever seen and knowing my girlfriend was there, protecting, she was it. I remained there, simply being for some time, it felt right, the world and worlds within worlds were within me. When we are like that we are not ourselves, we are the divine primal energies that in combining and dividing have formed all creation. Our bodies are merely servants to the sacred currents that emanate this earth, the sun, and the moon manifesting what they show, following our dreams and breathing novelty and mystery into all things. Words cannot describe the act of brushing my teeth and watching the water go down the drain, the still divide of sun peaking from around the trees that neither of us sees but we both speak of. Deeper than this even.
The earth is alive and the people are excited, I can hear them through my family, though we were splintered by misunderstanding for a long moment, now all is quiet, and there is no feeling. There is no emptiness drawing in. Slowly, water rushing through my soul, and my girlfriend's loving embrace... all things rushing into a unknown understanding, a great loosening of knots and spilling apple juice on waxed wood. Far away, who knows how many couples are gazing lovingly at eachother, relaying like postal workers that universal message of love to every nook and cranny of these eternal flatlands. I strum guitar, my girlish muse hanging on by the threads of strings. Still all in all, we are too small still, to face the mountains and big cities alone, though they seem to bustle with equal intensity somewhere within us. I am a child spotting a UFO in a field, rushing home not knowing no one would believe anymore. But the world is still live, so different and yet so much the same. I remember wanting to touch you, to hold you, but how could I, I waited for the perfect times? We sat and beheld the golden sky drizzling from under the roof of the old shed. We talked about the lines of joy and doubt in life, and I turned around. So much and so little. There are no boundaries. Everything was resolved, yet we went on.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000