Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 recommend books on tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rajeshsahai

India
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  03:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit rajeshsahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone recommend some good books on traditional and authentic tantra?

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  10:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi rajeshsahai;

This may seem too obvious, but have you read Yogani's book on Tantra?
Tantra-Discovering the Power of Pre-Orgasmic Sex.
I'm not sure if it's available in India or not but if you go to www.insilencebooks.com you can order it there or other books by Yogani and have them mailed to you in India.

Regards;

Guy

ps I think you'll find the prices at insilencebooks to be a little less than Amazon or any other retailer.

Edited by - Guy_51 on Mar 01 2009 11:13:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The most famous one would be Vigyana Bhairava Tantra.

There is Osho's commentaries on the Vigyana Bhirava Tantra available on the web:
http://www.otantra.net/oTantraMedText.html

Some of the other books that might be of interest: (I am sure you will get Indian editions of these books.. I am linking the Amazon USA pages for you just so you get an idea of what the books look like)
The Triadic Heart of Siva: Kaula Tantricism of Abhinavagupta in the Non-Dual Shaivism of Kashmir.

The Doctrine of Vibration: An Analysis of the Doctrines and Practices of Kashmir Shaivism

Shiva Sutras: The Supreme Awakening

If you are looking for left-handed Tantra books:
Abhinavagupta: The Kula Ritual (As Elaborated in Chapter 29 of the Tantraloka) (there is only one translation of this book and only one chapter available in English, but you may get some other translations in India maybe?).

And of course Yogani's book suggested by Guy above. Most of Yogani's books are available in Indian edition now. Please look at the Book page for more info.
They are available through Grasroutes India, FirstandSecond India and Rediff India.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 01 2009 12:35:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000