Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 precognition ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  11:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had someone approach me today needing to talk about a pretty constant stream of precognitive dreams.
The dreams were from his own perspective and were quite mundane.

Seems to me there are several possibilities:

1. You want to believe so much in precognition that you simply believe that you have witnessed a series of events and simply confuse the past with the future (mind you Einstein believed these were illusions anyway).

2.During sleep you are in tune with your higher self and a collective conciousness which can focus in on a person or event around people that you know and then your subconcious puts you at that place at the right time (its a bit like the story of the guy walking past the phone box and answering the phone to find it was for him).

3. You do truly create everything.

I notice that several people on this forum have talked about precognition. My understanding is that it is entirely useless and is just part of the scenery of meditation.

The guy in question does not meditate as such. He is a film producer/script writer and often uses what he describes as 'hypnotic trances' to help visualise a scene or get additional ideas. It's the same as shutting out the noise as we would in DM. I suppose he is having lucid dreams.

Whichever and whatever he is having a hard time living with it.

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  2:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
Seems to me there are several possibilities:

1. You want to believe so much in precognition that you simply believe that you have witnessed a series of events and simply confuse the past with the future (mind you Einstein believed these were illusions anyway).

2.During sleep you are in tune with your higher self and a collective conciousness which can focus in on a person or event around people that you know and then your subconcious puts you at that place at the right time (its a bit like the story of the guy walking past the phone box and answering the phone to find it was for him).

3. You do truly create everything.

I notice that several people on this forum have talked about precognition. My understanding is that it is entirely useless and is just part of the scenery of meditation.

Whichever and whatever he is having a hard time living with it.

All three possibilities are possible and in different times. Number three is "ultimately" true, but only in a Uber-metaphysics sense, as when you realize and identify with the Only One.

There are also more mundane possibilities, such as just the conscious mind 'creating' order on recollections of dream content (which are mostly junk anyway).

I don't understand what "he is having a hard time living with it" means. You mean it happens often? If it does, then have him stop doing his mental creative exercise. Do something else that breaks up the normal pattern he got into. But first ask him to get me the winning lottery numbers.

-- jo-self

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000