Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Is this a known kriya?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends....

Today's group meditation was intense...anyone else agree? While in DM today I found myself noticing that my stomach seemed much larger then usual. I remember reading not too long ago about someone's father who was a healer and was having symptoms of an enlarged belly. But the reason I kept noticing my belly was because I kept finding myself "rolling" my stomach from bottom to top and then top to bottom. Similar to nauli kriya but not left to right, instead up and down. Doing this felt REALLY good and at a few points I felt (and heard) my chest "crack/pop" and release some wicked pleasure sensations. Because of this I allowed myself to continue doing this for about five minutes, getting several "cracks" and having some pretty instense "CEV's" (closed eye visuals). I wouldn't call this "automatic" though, but more "instictual" maybe? I had control over whether to do it or not. Anyways, I finished up my meditation session, adding on five minutes to replace the five minutes spent "rolling" my belly, and then did samyama. I couldn't stay with the sutras AT ALL. I couldn't think straight, remember anything, had a really hard time figuring out where I was in my order, if I had done two reps or not, and eventually just abandoned the sutras and did samyama on peoples names from the forum. The wierdest part though was during my rest period. I caught myself while resting, having some seriously disturbing and violent thoughts. Thoughts like that I haven't had in many years. Once I realized I was thinking about these things I released them into silence like I would in samayama, but this kinda distrubed me a little. I know this was just some kind of release, but it was a big one whatever it was. I'm just wondering if the "belly rolling" had something to do with this? If so, is this a known kriya or something? I've never heard of anyone doing this.....

Love,
Carson

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do that belly rolling just as an ab exercise, and because it feels good. Gee, maybe you tuned in to me - I am relaxing and watching "Righteous Kill" which is about disturbing thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I have seen "Righteous Kill" and my thoughts made that movie look like Barney the Purple Dinosaur. It's all good I think. I feel AWESOME now so.....it's all scenery. Am mostly curious to know if this "belly rolling" is a known yoga move.

Go to Top of Page

skorpion63

India
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  09:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit skorpion63's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Friends....

Because of this I allowed myself to continue doing this for about five minutes, getting several "cracks" and having some pretty instense "CEV's" (closed eye visuals). I wouldn't call this "automatic" though, but more "instictual" maybe? I had control over whether to do it or not.

This is exactly the question i wanted to ask for sometime now.

Is an automatic kriya a strong urge to move the body in a certain way or to breath in a certain way or is it that the body moves by itself forcefully and u cannot do anything to stop it?

Regards

Edited by - skorpion63 on Feb 23 2009 10:04:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

An Automatic Kria or Automatic Yoga is usually spontaneous but it can manifest as a strong urge as well Read here and have a look at the forum thread link as well.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

skorpion63

India
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit skorpion63's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link Richard.

Reading the posts i think automatic kriyas are much stronger than a strong urge.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You got it in one
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000