Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 hello-new to the forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

orient

India
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  08:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit orient's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends ...im new to this forum

after doing a lot of searching I came across this group.It seems here there are people with experience who can answer my queries

I would be grateful if you can tell me whether or not an awakened kundalini can go back to dormancy.I mean whether or not it is possible that it becomes inactive again.

I heard varying opinions about this but mostly that if its fully awakened there is no looking back but if its an activation it can cease activity.I would like your comments upon this.And also to know what is the differnce between full awakening and an activation

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  5:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Orient

Welcome to the forum

quote:
I would be grateful if you can tell me whether or not an awakened kundalini can go back to dormancy.I mean whether or not it is possible that it becomes inactive again.

The rising of ecstatic conductivity (Kundalini in AYP terms) goes through stages. These will vary in intensity and over time refine a lot.
In my own process the Kundalini - once it started rising in the shushumna - never went back to a dormant stage. Before the rising in the shushumna however, it could take "breaks". Many people experience periods of "activity" and periods of seeming "non-activity" of the conductivity. It is all due to the process of inner purification of the nervous system and the ongoing opening towards the perception of reality as it is.

Please read this link:

http://www.aypsite.org/297.html

And also search in the index register to find other lessons that might interest you:

http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

Others here will surely chime in with their own experience.

Please keep posting and thanks for joining us

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  6:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi orient welcome to the forum

Katrine has answered your question perfectly, lots of things can make kundalini energy seem to go dormant mostly due to purification going on in the nervous system but sometimes some sorts of medication and some illneses can actualy make the energy seem to stop, however when spiritual work resumes it will all come back again. Once Kundalini energy is activated there is no going back
Go to Top of Page

orient

India
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit orient's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you friends...actually I would like to explain my situation.I am new to kundalini and its just been 6-7 months since it awakened. Since the last three months im having lot of problems. My awakening was perfect and beautiful.But mid way I stopped all my spiritual activities, physical excercise , yoga asana all etc for a couple of months primarily due to my ignorance and lack of understanding. LOL and im still very ignorant about this matter. Since then my problems rose manifold.Repeatedly I have suffered from too much congestion but God helped.But anyway,as for present I have excess energies. I am not in very good health.Since last night I am having lot of congestion again ever since I did mantra.Since 2-3 days my energies are not at all flowing out of the head and they are getting concentrated in the head and I feel much pain , heaviness..I have not been able to pursue any spiritual practices properly bcos of these problems since a long time

I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter as to what wrong patterns could I be following to cause me such problems and also how I can reduce them
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  11:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Orient, and welcome!

There can be many causes for what you are experiencing. Since we do not know what your practices are, it is difficult to diagnose specifics in that area. Overloads (and congestion) can be caused by too much practice, particularly pranayama and/or kumbhaka (breath suspension). Even overdoing with asanas alone can do it. You are wise to back off on practices until you find stability. In AYP, we call this "self-pacing," and there is a lot about developing that skill in the AYP lessons and forums.

While there are many places to look in the lessons (see the topic index as Katrine suggested), perhaps this FAQ can serve as a starting point for you, particularly Lesson 69 on symptoms and remedies linked there:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2169

If you stick around, keep sharing and interacting, I am sure you will get to the bottom of it. These are just a few bumps in the road, and it will get better as you develop some navigation skills.

It is not necessary to suffer for years with kundalini excesses anymore. There are many means available for dealing with it to maintain good progress with safety on the road of human spiritual transformation.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  11:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi orient,

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

I am not a big expert in kundalini but from what I understand I think spinal breathign pranayama as taught by AYP is very effective in smoothing the energies in the body. Why don't you try it? Here is the link to the lesson:

http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

I advice doing meditation also with that, if you haven't started already. AYP deep meditation is very effective.

Otherwise I don't know what to tell you Except listen to your body and soul and try to follow the guidance. I believe all is good, it migth be rough for a while but you just have to learn to coax those energies so they can run smoothly through your body. That is the thing with kundalini, I believe, the trick is in harmonizing the currents and let them expand, not in try to supress them. That is probably why it got worse when you stopped all the yoga you were doing after kundalini started.

Take heart my friend. I believe the techniques here in AYP will help you. Try them and remember always to self-pace! Listen to yourself. And keep us posted of progress!

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Orient, so what practices are you doing at the moment?

Are you practicing at least some meditation? When energy is active like that, it's most important to have at least some inner silence and develop it by meditating. It's also a good idea to balance the energies by spinal breathing. Many who have come here with active kundalini and symptoms have found relief with spinal breathing.

Check the lessons in the left column, especially http://www.aypsite.org/69.html - Kundalini assistance and http://www.aypsite.org/38.html - Self-pacing
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  11:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
YogaIsLife: we cross posted... I forgot to post the post, when I posted, you already posted
oh and with Yogani, too...

Edited by - tadeas on Feb 23 2009 11:26:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

orient

India
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit orient's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Yogani, Yogislife and Tadeas.Thank you also for the kind encouragement

you r right about learning and supression but this initial fact I learnt a hard way

im yet to check the links but surely I would definitely stick around to learn more from you people. Actually my kundalini awakened with mantra and prayer but mostly I would do mantra.I was doing asana and little bit pranayaam too at that time. The mantra does make me calm and silent if done sincerely for a couple of hours or so but it gives me tremendous energy.As already I have too much energies I fall ill with congestion.I have been avoiding yoga asanas bcos it would give me problems.So really presently I dont think I will be able to carry out any practice which releases any energy though I understand that practice is most important. :( its a complication for me

I will soon see the links.Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  2:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by orient

Actually my kundalini awakened with mantra and prayer but mostly I would do mantra.I was doing asana and little bit pranayaam too at that time. The mantra does make me calm and silent if done sincerely for a couple of hours or so but it gives me tremendous energy.As already I have too much energies I fall ill with congestion.I have been avoiding yoga asanas bcos it would give me problems.So really presently I dont think I will be able to carry out any practice which releases any energy though I understand that practice is most important. :( its a complication for me

Hi Orient:

Two hour sessions of AYP deep meditation (with mantra) would lead to needing a spatula to scrape the practitioner off the ceiling.

We use two 20 minute meditation sessions per day. Many practitioners use shorter sessions due to rapid openings (self-pacing). You may wish to review the AYP lessons on deep meditation. They are the first lessons here: http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html

You may wish to self-pace prayer also (and other spiritual influences in your life), until things smooth out. Then you can build back a little bit at a time to find a stable routine that can work for you over the long term. It is our long term routine in practices that will make the difference in unfolding our full spiritual potential, not what we do in any given day, week, or month. For most, the journey to enlightenment is a marathon, not a sprint. The AYP system is geared for that, for cultivating maximum progress while maintaining comfort and safety over the long term.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

orient

India
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  07:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit orient's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani..I did the spinal breathing once but did not get opportunity to check other links as yet.As soon as I can I will see them and folow your suggestions.

with gratitude

Orient
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it can activate, rise, and then you can stop practicing and your focus changes. If you are aware of kundalini, you can always pick up the practice, so pick it up. Kundalini is just a means to an end.

TMS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000