AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 The Dog Whisperer- Cesar Millan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  1:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone had the opportunity to watch Cesar Millan in his show "The Dog Whisperer" or read his book?

I can hardly believe that someone like him is on TV, he has an incredible awareness about energy, both with people and dogs, and of course an amazing understanding and insight into canine (and human) behavior.

You can learn something new every time you watch this master at work. Where I live it is on the National Geographic channel, not sure where that would be elsewhere.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  1:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew

Great topic!

There are several videos with Cesar Millan on YouTube aslo.
This among others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGK6KMDOykw

One day....if the shine sees it fit......I might live in an environment where I can have a dog again.....after raising and living with Scottie and Trolle for 9 and 5 years, I miss the extraordinary kinship of those canine souls :-)

Cesar is simply great....the principles are so simple....it is all about consistency and perseverance.......and heeps of love
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  2:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've read both of his books....at least I think he only has two books. The title of the one I remember was "Leader of the Pack" or something along these lines. I have a close friend who also works with troubled dogs and he uses Cesar's techinques....they work fantastic for him, and have helped me deal with my problem dogs as well. I don't know how well his ideas transcend the canine species though....I think his ideas are much more applicable to dogs then to humans.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 16 2009 2:05:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  2:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an interesting video that shows some of his philosophy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRV2cXC5GA

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C69k7Pwp8wo

Edited by - Anthem on Feb 16 2009 2:53:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  7:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
here is a good one where he was invited on the ghost whisperer show, and talks about it after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVZAZNMoco

He talks about what matters in the animal world or ghost world is what your energy is, and what either dweller in those worlds wants is to balance their energy, whether it is an animal or a ghost. Very appropriate for AYP!
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  08:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem11,

I have watched him alot. I am always amazed. It is quite funny sometimes how he is able to help the dogs and their families.

Thanks, yb.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  10:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think he is fantastic in his work! The combination of psychology and energy work is great particularly with the humans!

I have seen, though, a dog being absolutely calmed down from a distance by nothing else but mind power, no physical movements from a guy who does not know much dog psychology anyway, and I have seen a horse being directed the same way by a woman standing still, even with her eyes closed. The more advanced we get in energy work, there are no limits to what can be achieved. I asked the guy who handled the dog how he did it and asked him to demonstrate his powers on me. I ended up kneeling in front of him, bowing my head... submissive and obedient . LOL! Not my will, I can tell you that! Felt like standing in front of Darth Vader! And the horsewoman taught me how to move the horse just with intentions. Worked fine, although the horse was also very cooperative. A less sensitive horse is not that easy, I have learned from trials...
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  11:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a funny instance the other day.....

Two minutes before sitting down to my afternoon meditation session, my upstairs neighbor decided to leave the house leaving his dog unattended. For whatever reason the dog didn't like this at all. She started yelping and whining and running around the house like crazy. This got both of MY dogs upset and they began to start to whine and run around. I really had no control over the dog upstairs (I live in a basement suite) and knew I couldn't stop my dogs from reacting either so I just started in on my session. I went through my set of postures, my nauli kriya and started in on pranayama. The dogs (upstairs and down) were all still yelping, whining and running around. I finished pranayama and did a few repetitions of yoni mudra kumbhaka and then settled in to start Deep Meditation. The dogs were still going crazy......The second I slipped into DM and thought my first repetition of "i am" all the chaos stopped completely. The dog upstairs stopped running around, stopped yelping/whining, and both my dogs laid down and didn't make another sound. There were about 5 or 6 times when I found myself off into thought, and when that happened I would notice it very quickly because the dog upstairs would start whining again. She would stop as soon as I went back to the mantra. This happened 5 or 6 times in the course of 20 minutes. I had/have never heard the dog upstairs before or since.
I think statistically speaking the percent chance that this could have been coincidence is very small. I don't know how exactly this affected the dog upstairs (my dogs react like this pretty regularly to my meditations) as I couldn't "see" it, only hear it, but it certainly seemed to calm the dog down instantly. Anyways, just thought I'd share a neat experience.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 18 2009 11:05:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  12:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, that's great
Thanks for sharing.

Emc, thanks for sharing

quote:
I asked the guy who handled the dog how he did it and asked him to demonstrate his powers on me. I ended up kneeling in front of him, bowing my head... submissive and obedient .

Wow...
What did it feel like? Were you giddy.....like wax?
Was it a magnetic pull?
Were you thinking while it happened?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  4:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, yes, it was a "wow" when it happened. It was a great help having this encounter with him because it quickly brought me to the insight that "nothing is impossible in this world" and I was quickly "proven" that "the other (spiritual) side", which I thought was humbug all along (being a square scientist) was actually real!

Since I have a lot of "automatic yoga" I can compare with that type of movements, and this was more "heavy", like being pushed more than being magnetically pulled, and having no muscles to reject or stand up against the push. But still very soft and "safe". I felt no fear or "evil" or any negative emotion in it. The metaphore with Darth Vader is not that it was "evil" or "dark", more like... just very powerful! It was also this strong "motor sound" going, vibrating around. Similar to the "OM" vibrating, but on a more "raw" or unreffined frequence.

I actually don't remember if I was thinking at the time. I would guess so. I'm always thinking!

Edited by - emc on Feb 18 2009 4:53:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  2:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I watched "The Dog Whisperer" for the first time today brilliant stuff he talks a lot about energy transference very interesting I will watch more
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000