AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Katrine and others - how's your sleep?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  01:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Katrine,

I'm following your posts with curiosity here on forum. I'm learning a lot from following your path here. We talked about how you experienced your sleep when we met in the summer, and I wonder how that has progressed? Are you more aware now during dream sleep, perhaps even deep sleep? Sleep awareness seems to be an enlightenment milestone, so it's interesting to hear about your experiences, since you seem to be very awake during waking state! It makes me wonder how deep we have to go before sleep awareness happens! Would you like to share some latest news?

A general question for all: I know some may have sleep awareness on and off but are not very stable in awareness during waking state. Is this progress also something that fluctuates greatly among individuals, following no standard pattern, or is awareness during sleep normally occurring increasingly during our journey? Or does it suddenly hit "wham"?

Love, emc

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  03:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc

Sleep is very sound ......like it has always been.....sometimes it is interrupted by "swimming in love"...the streaming written about here before....in "The longing" topic.
Usually....5-6 hours of sleep is enough...to not feel groggy in the morning. Sometimes there is awareness of the body sleeping. It is not a big deal....simply a knowing of sleep. No mind. Like in waking hours...when aware of not being limited to the body....sometimes being more "outside" the body than "in" it.....but really, all it is...is being so quiet inside....that all boarders dissolve.....and silence is all. The Shine is all......or rather.....that which shines is all

The crux of it all....is not what there is awareness of. Not even awareness of sleep. The crux is.....the nothingness.....that which is aware.

And nothing can be said about it.
Other than this: To be quiet .....is everything. There never was any interest in siddhis.......only the shock of the immense desire for enlightenment......but during the years...through engaging in all the experiences life offered.......gradually realizing that enlightenment is not something for the mind to "achieve". Not a strong interest in milestones...but definitely enjoying the direct experiences along the way......and the trust......

All the longing has always been - and still is - towards the innermost chore of it all....when quiet....it is tasted....the sacredness....the love...the clarity. When not quiet, it is not tasted. This...is the only milestone here.....nothing else matters here now.....

Sometimes there are lucid dreams, often no dreams at all, and somtimes dreams that involves energy...hands...hearts....it is almost always about...receivingtransmitting in some way or another. Once in a while there can be some fear...or some longing......or some darkness..... when waking up....Then in being still with it.....it dissolves.

So......that's about it with the sleep.........it is not at all an "ongoing awareness of sleep". Only now and then. But it is not an issue to think about here.....since all going with thoughts like that....is like leaving my lover.

Always though.....the longing for the pillow....is like when being a child...*laughing*....it was the best thing....to lie down in the heaven that is bed. It is still like this :-) ......and when falling asleep....it is like dying into the embrace of Love.....even before the knowing of it....

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  05:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for answering, Katrine! I really appreciate to hear from your direct experiences!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  09:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi emc and great post katrine, it's always a pleasure to read your posts.

back to the subject at hand as i read from yogani in relation to cosmic samyama and been told by a suffi friend of mine later on the path there is no sleep for the awaken.

the body would fall asleep but we would be awake watching ourselves all night.

i actually used to have this experience going on for short periods of time every once in a while where it would either be followed by an astral projection or some kind of spiritual thingy...

i found this case to be mostly present due to cosmic samyama, but the effect wasn't always the same on me some nights i would have a zilion dreams some of them bad and others are good plus there a lot of those whom katrine mentioned it would turn out very messy and i would wake up in the middle of my sleep some other times...

i've cut on my samyama practice for now cz it feels that i'm very sensitive to it (core and cosmic)

but the habbit is still here, i just practice letting go of intentions plus letting go in prayer and it's more blissful and less wild then when it's a daily structured practice.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My sleep is pretty normal I think....I occasionally have lucid dreams, but for me it is the falling asleep that is the real "magic". Lately I have been feeling some intense energies as I fall asleep. (and yes I have been getting plenty of activity in between my second set of daily practices and going to sleep) What is most common lately is having a strip about 6 inches wide that stretches from about my upper lip, up and over my head and down my back...This strip literally makes my face numb and is vibrating really hard....Lately I have also noticed that there is a spot on the BACK of my head that has been vibrating really hard during these times....right where the back/top of the neck meets the skull there is a little indent and a bump at the back middle of the skull that protrudes a little bit....(I have a shaved head so it is easy to see and feel this part)....But this bump at the back of my head, where the neck meets skull has been vibrating like a maniac when I fall asleep lately...And I can feel what is kinda like a "tunnel" that connects the vibrating section in the back with the vibrating third eye spot in the front. This has been undeniable for me. I often feel "wind" blowing through my head when this is happening.....It is like there is a hole in my skull from the third eye to the back of my head and someone turned on a fan and pointed it at my face....It is really wierd and the first time this happened kinda scared me. Now I am a little more used to it and can just relax during and try to fall asleep....
I have also noticed, as Katrine briefly mentioned, that I too can go now without much sleep and still not feel tired. I have been sleeping a maximum of 7 hours a night and usually get more like 5 and a half hours. But I am never tired during the day. (a little groggy when I get up but nothing like what it was like when I was using lots of drugs)
Anyways, sorry if this was an unnecessary post since I don't have much awareness during sleep, but I figured I'd spout off anyways. You know me, always talking

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 26 2009 11:17:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  2:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ananda and Carson,

Thanks for your input! I'm really happy to read your posts. I'm learning about the diversity of the journey, which is good. This "milestone" of awake sleep has been a mystery for me, and it's not very much discussed... while lucid dreaming is... I just have the idea that lucid dreaming is something else...?!? Or is that a misconception?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  3:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dreams are weird EMC....I regularly have lucid dreams, expecially lucid re-occuring dreams, but I don't really consider this the "milestone" of "awake sleep" since I have been having lucid dreams for many many years now....long before I started anything yoga. I have had some experiences where I felt like if I fell asleep I would die though.....or another way of explaining that would be to say that as I am falling asleep but still conscious I get the feeling that if I let go of the "consciousness" that that will be the end of "me". Don't know if I tried to hold onto my consciousness when this happens if I would end up having "awake sleep" but it is very scary and usually ends up with my heart beating very rapidly and keeping me awake for even longer. I'm sure I am just not "there" yet. Time, precious time.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  4:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yep lucid dreaming is something else, but i think it could be concidered as a stage of the evolution of awakening where it would be in the end during waking, dreaming, and deep sleep and turiya... the end of the evolution of awakening is sahaj samadhi as i've been told the goal of yoga (the yoga) the oneness of our inner and outer natures.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  12:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine:
quote:

since all going with thoughts like that....is like leaving my lover

yeah, that is so precise :)
and when there's the realization that I've left again and am not quiet... then everything dissolves in what is, in presence, in bhakti... and it's seen that no leaving happened at all.
so do we leave just because then we can come back? :)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  3:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tadeas

quote:
and when there's the realization that I've left again and am not quiet... then everything dissolves in what is, in presence, in bhakti... and it's seen that no leaving happened at all.

Yes.......we may wonder....
I've been away for a few days. And during those days there was both leaving and staying, sometimes at the same time, other times seemingly separately. Triggered by different circumstances. Most of them pleasant. But it doesn't matter - leaving is leaving, be it for "pleasure" or "pain".

And - as I told the friend I was with - without Bhakti....without the deep devotion.....there is arrogance, stubbornness and selfishness.....right around the corner.....ready to pop up when least expected. Especially then

It certainly keeps one on ones knees, doesn't it...

Which is good.....considering I am nothing

To be relating is always great mirroring!

And so now - for the moment - I am home again

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  05:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tadeas:

quote:

Still wondering....:-)....thanks for that, Tadeas.....the response is here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000