Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Analyse my dreams anyone ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Usually I have a dream and think.......hmmm that was about my struggle to etc etc.

Lately I have had two dreams that have perplexed me to the point of posting. I,m sure they are the direct reesult of meditation.

DREAM 1

The first one I visited a garden which contained a half naked woman kneeling before a tree. The woman walked me up a path in the garden past numerous statues of Buddha and other things (I really only noticed the Buddhas) and shrubs. One thing stood out for me and that was a number of fist sized stone spiders that were very styilised and carved into the stone (almost Egyptian).

Eventually I stood before another woman who was older than the first and mentioned that I meditated (from seeing the Buddhas I supposed that she also had involvement in meditation). She looked a bit annoyed and asked me who it was that I had met. I knew immediately that she was talking about my first encounters with the scenery in meditation. She then asked if it was a naked Woman which took me back a bit as infact it was a naked male (something that was suprising for me at the time)

She looked happier and said it would probably be harmless. I asked if she disliked the practise of meditation. She said that it was OK but could become a problem but that I was safe doing Ansanas.

I had to find out what Ansanas were as I had not looked at them previously.

DREAM 2

This is a recurring dream I have had for years and the events are more or less the same with a few minor changes.

I am in a house (which is my own but nothing like the houses we have lived in).

On one of the floors there is an area which has never been renovated, it is small and contains two rooms....one like an office/bedroom and the other is a very old bathroom.

Sometimes I get into this area via a door or some sort of hatch and there is always a feeling of forboding, although nothing ever happens.....except I can hear the trap dripping in an echoey way.

However this time the room was boarded up and I had to brake down the plasterboard to get to it. The suprise was that the two rooms were no longer there. Instead the space was giganti, like a huge dark aircraft hanger. I was able to run without ever hitting a wall, the floor was visible but only lit from something like a head torch (as if I had it on.

The thing was, the place looked very disused and there were spiders webs everywhere with small spiders sat at the centres of the webs. I pushed passed them and broke the webs as I ran.

In both dreams there were spiders present. I knew there was something significant about them but not what. That was until I googled spiders /religion etc. What I found gave me a bit of a shock because there is a passage in the Quaran (sorry cant spell it) which talks about the worship of false prophets and the true strength of the spiders web and the significance of the spider.

I would be interested in anyone analysing these dreams as they are very strange and seem to have some far deeper significance than anything that I have dreamed in the past.

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  09:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dream 1 Interpretation: You -> the Buddha Dharma -> Naked Natural State -> Asanas -> Tantra -> Inquire and practice -> Spider -> Constructed Reality -> Don't let meditation get you caught up in it

Dream 2 Interpretation: You -> Spider Web -> Spider -> Dreams -> Metaphor for Consciousness and "Reality" -> Dogma -> Break-through-penetrate -> House -> You -> Travel new passage into big dark empty room

Conclusion: read up on the buddha-dharma, practice asanas and ease into meditation practice. Your dreams are a sign of good karma beginning to fruit.

Love,

TMS

P.S. Based on your presentation, my thorough interpretation is that you already know what I'm saying.

Edited by - themysticseeker on Jan 23 2009 09:24:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  12:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by themysticseeker

Dream 1 Interpretation: You -> the Buddha Dharma -> Naked Natural State -> Asanas -> Tantra -> Inquire and practice -> Spider -> Constructed Reality -> Don't let meditation get you caught up in it

Dream 2 Interpretation: You -> Spider Web -> Spider -> Dreams -> Metaphor for Consciousness and "Reality" -> Dogma -> Break-through-penetrate -> House -> You -> Travel new passage into big dark empty room

Conclusion: read up on the buddha-dharma, practice asanas and ease into meditation practice. Your dreams are a sign of good karma beginning to fruit.

Love,

TMS

P.S. Based on your presentation, my thorough interpretation is that you already know what I'm saying.

Wow.....I was expecting some marginal humour and some serious attempts, but your post is brilliant. It really came as a suprise about the Asanas, I was taken by suprise that a dream figure could actually know of something that I had no 'conscious' knowledge of.

Buddah darma is also something I am not familiar with. I simply do my SB and meditation as suggested.

When you say 'good Karma' beginning to fruit, can you elaborate?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000