Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 My latest SP episode
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

destineal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  5:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit destineal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm a 25 yr old male and I have experienced SP since my teens. Maybe 16 or 17. My 1st experience was scary to me because I couldn't move, I also heard what sounded like it was raining sand on a drum but more wavy. Kinda hard to describe really. Since then I can't count how many times I've had them. Sometime it would happen multiple times in a sleep session. I've had them so many times that they are like 2nd nature to me. I know the routine. Short bursts of fighting usually breaks me free. I have also had them while sleeping on my back, stomach, and on my side. One thing that sets all my previous episodes apart from my most recent episode is that up until now, i have never felt anyone in the room with me or had someone talk to me.
It was last Monday early in the morning like maybe 4 or 5 am. I work the night shift so this is the usual time I go to sleep. I remember laying on my back and turning over on to my stomach. I remember as soon as I turned on to my stomach I heard a feminine voice say either Hey man or whats up man? Immediately I'm paralyzed with my legs spread out like a v, and I can feel a strong presence in the room with me very close to me actually. I also feel something either jump or sit on the foot my bed by my right foot. I tried to say its just my dog but I locked him out of my room. At this point I'm in panic mode, as my rear is exposed and I don't want to be anally raped. rolleyes.gif So I frantically try to get up and I have minimal use of my feet and hands(Basically I can feel my toes moving enough to rub the mattress and I am pushing my body up a few centimeters). I remember yelling out, only it was contained inside my mouth and sounded more like a muffled whimper; as I frantically tried to regain control of myself. When I finally did I was shook to say the least. I stayed up all the way until my Latina mami came to my house around 8am and I told her of my ordeal. She told me to be careful, and that her friend's husband was visited sometime last year by something that would have sex with him at the same time every night. I'm pretty open minded, and before last Monday I would have let science explain my SP, but now I just don't know......I'm a little jumpier than usual now. I also must note that the voice did not sound malevolent in the least. Wasn't really trying to confirm that though either......

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  9:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi destineal,

I've experienced sleep paralysis many many times and have had a lot of interesting experiences.

I have heard voices, sounds, and music. I have felt presences. I have felt different sensations in and on my body. I have felt my body touched by entities. I have seen and interacted with other entities/beings. etc etc

What your describe is pretty normal insofar as sleep paralysis goes, so don't worry or think you are crazy or anything.

Sleep paralysis is actually a gateway to astral projection (temporarily leaving your physical body). When you are in sleep paralysis you have access to your non-physical senses and you can become aware of the astral plane/etheric plane and its inhabitants.

Fear is the biggest issue here. If you are holding a fear vibration then it is possible to attract entities to yourself in the astral plane that are also low vibration (fear is a low vibration). I know it's really hard not to be scared because it's just so strange and it is truly the unknown.

When I was younger I had problems with low vibration entities bothering me in sleep paralysis, and what worked for me is to pray to Jesus Christ and ask for protection.

Before you go to sleep you can pray to God, Christ, your spirit guides, or your highest ideal (any being that you consider to embody high vibration Love/Light will work really) and ask for protection. Visualization helps as well. Visualization of clear bright light in your whole bedroom is good, and you can set the space for your bed as a protected place and sanctuary for peaceful rest.

No need to be afraid, as you really cannot be harmed by sleep paralysis or by anyone or thing that drops by while you are in SP. If you can figure out how to speak (it's more like thinking when you are out of body/in SP) you can actually command any entity that is making you uncomfortable to "begone". For example "In my name I command you to begone!" or "In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I command you to begone!". In my experience if you say it like you mean it they'll turn tail real quick.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  10:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you read these posts on sleep paralysis?

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=4445#4445

The important thing to realize is not to be afraid. It is perfectly natural especially for some people. It has been linked to a part of the brain called the temporal lobes and can actually be like a mini seizure. I am not one to consider it just a disability because when used skillfully this can help a person become very absorbed in the object of meditation, like a controlled seizure.

The brain scan guy, Dr. Amen has a website if you are really uncomfortable. He recommends certain supplements to help. Here is the link: http://www.amenclinics.com/clinics/...-depression/ and a list of stuff to do for temporal lobe problems.
Supplements: multiple vitamin, NeurOmega fish oil, GABA or taurine for irritability, or Brain Vitale or NeuroMemory for memory issues.
Medications: Antiseizure medications

Otherwise, if you feel you can white knuckle through it just consider you are gifted. Do you know how many people would love to have your innate ability?

Love to all,
Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000