Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Revisiting Kunlun Nei Gung Pillar of Bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  2:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am curious to know how many people in this forum currently practice or have practiced Kunlun Nei Gung Pillar of Bliss. I tried the level 1 pose and can attest to it's effectiveness in moving A LOT of energy to head in a short period of time. However, I contacted the folks at their forum with questions and cannot seem to get the answers I am seeking. Maybe someone here can help.

1. In the e-book are stories of masters apparently physically controlling their students. Is this so? That would concern me as a practioner as I would not want another, not even a guru or a master to have control over me.

2. If you have active kundalini, can you still safely do this practice?

3. What about meditation? Is Kunlun Nei Gung compatible with any forms of meditation?

I am inclined to shy away from this practice because I am having trouble getting info about it and because the claims in the book seem a little far fetched and or innacurate. But the one 20 minute session I had in level practice was extremely effective in moving energy. I would imagine that this sytem would quickly clear/blast through any energetic blockages. Could anyone answer the above questions? Any additional comments?

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  11:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey man, my apologies. I was replying to this earlier yesterday then all of a sudden my internet connection stopped working.

quote:
I am curious to know how many people in this forum currently practice or have practiced Kunlun Nei Gung Pillar of Bliss. I tried the level 1 pose and can attest to it's effectiveness in moving A LOT of energy to head in a short period of time.

I still practice it...it's been about 8-9 months now after attending the seminar.

There's a right way to practice it and a wrong way. If energy is moving to the head, you need to let go and relax more. Usually energy moves to the head because of previous practices that are ingrained in your system. This system of practices is totally different in that it involves no effort on your part. No forcing; no trying.

The posture isn't so important. All it does is attune you to the right vibration. It's like a full body mudra that allows the downward flow of energy to happen, if you let it. This flow of energy, which is pure spiritual energy from the source, can cause the body to move spontaneously, if you let it. It's all about getting out of the way; not trying.

I'm sure you were practicing earnestly and not attempting to feel energy or do anything. That's the best mindset to have. In fact, it's even better if you have NO mindset...it's all about feeling, which is a heart centered activity. The energy is the same as an inner smile, or pure being. So if you can feel that, let everything else go.

It may help to practice more zhan zhuang and also learn to relax (you can do yoga nidra). Maybe some acupuncture. I just learned wai qi healing, and that would be very good to get done as well. Head massages also help open the legs so that energy will flow downward. Oh and also, smiling can help but don't strain your face when doing it. Relaxation is the key.

quote:
However, I contacted the folks at their forum with questions and cannot seem to get the answers I am seeking. Maybe someone here can help.

At www.kunlunforum.com ? Sadly that forum is only for people who've attended a seminar. I think it'd be a great idea to have a forum for people learning from the book. In the meantime, this site or www.thetaobums.com are good resources. Do a search at taobums and you'll find a lot of info!

quote:
1. In the e-book are stories of masters apparently physically controlling their students. Is this so? That would concern me as a practioner as I would not want another, not even a guru or a master to have control over me.

Anyone with open channels can be affected easily. It's not just if you practice this system of practices. All spiritual practices do the same thing, with just different ways of going about it.

I agree with you that it's not a good thought that someone could have control over you. I don't think anyone involved in Kunlun would ever control people with their energy...but if that's a concern you have then it's good to acknowledge that.

quote:
2. If you have active kundalini, can you still safely do this practice?

Yes. Kunlun opens up EVERYthing eventually so it's not a big deal. The main problem is with certain kinds of practices, which involve effort and upward forcing of energy. Kunlun opens up so much energy that if you don't allow it to flow where it must then you'll get energy sicknesses. If that happens, get wai qi healing from someone legitimate, see an acupuncturist/herbalist, go for walks, take salt baths, pray, etc. If you ever feel dizzy or sick, take it easy with the practice. Never push through just because you want to progress...that's the opposite of good practice. It'll do more harm than good.

quote:
3. What about meditation? Is Kunlun Nei Gung compatible with any forms of meditation?

Yes, and they both inevitably achieve the same effect. It's just that kunlun does it through energy work. No sitting for long periods required, although that's good to do too! I think they're totally compatible...depending on what kind of meditation you do. Still sitting is great. But if you're doing mantra meditation that may prove to be a problem.

quote:
I am inclined to shy away from this practice because I am having trouble getting info about it and because the claims in the book seem a little far fetched and or innacurate.

What claims do you have a problem with? I do think some of the book is unbelievable, but then again, a lot of it can be seen to be true with good practice over time.

quote:
But the one 20 minute session I had in level practice was extremely effective in moving energy. I would imagine that this sytem would quickly clear/blast through any energetic blockages. Could anyone answer the above questions? Any additional comments?

I'm still having trouble with blockages after 8 or so months of practice. For some people a lot of work may need to be done...like me! But in my opinion, this is the fastest and safest (if you do it right) system of practices I've ever come across.

Oh another note: I personally have some problems with the posture. I don't like how it's done sitting in a chair. This tends to block the energy from moving downward through the lower body...making one more ungrounded than if they were to do it standing. I also don't like the idea of spontaneous movement while holding a posture. My personal opinion is that it's best practiced standing in a relaxed way, then let go and go with the flow. Don't make movements yourself, but allow yourself to be moved and watch objectively. Stop thinking, start feeling with your whole body, and open up to the downward flow of peace/freedom/love/bliss/emptiness/compassion/etc. It'll all be revealed with good practice.

Any more questions and I'll gladly answer (as a fellow practitioner, not a teacher of this).
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  4:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Scott!

I appreciate that info. I think Kunlun is a practice that I will keep in my back pocket for now. I have been doing meditation and qigong for about a year now. And just a few months of AYP. My body underwent a massive detox, purge, cleansing (whatever you want to call it) which it is still undergoing (I credit kundalini energy for this).

So for now, as my body is still significantly cleansing I think that either AYP or Kriya Yoga is the way for me to go. However, I truly appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  4:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure anytime. Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  10:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I was starting to feel a tad depressed, I tried the kunlun practice for 2 days this week. I must say, that I really enjoy the blissful feeling that Kunlun Nei Gung gives me. I have now played with Kunlun twice. Each time, after the first 20 minute session I had a feeling of bliss.

Of course, as I have active Kundalini, I will probably refrain from practicing this seriously as apparently Kunlun and Kundalini practices can potentailly mix very dangerously.

However, I might mix it in every so often for a couple days to break out of a rut.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000