AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Siddhasana posture correction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering about the crossed legged position Yogani suggests in lesson 33 and that I've been using (http://www.aypsite.org/33.html). I wonder if I am doing it correctly. I am not an english native speaker and anatomical parts are not my strong

I put one leg in, sole of foot up and against the thigh of the other leg, heel near the crotch. That is fine. But am not sure about the other leg. It goes in, and the sole of the foot rests against the other leg, but does not go OVER the other leg, is this right? So, no leg is on top of the other, just one in front of the other. In my case (I am quite slim) there is also a gap between one leg and the other (a triangle with the space between legs open).

Is this ok?

In the book "Meditation for dummies" this is called the "Burmese" position, because apparently is very used in SE Asia.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  5:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
having recently returned from India after my third trip I can tell you that in all the numerous temples I have visited I have never yet seen anyone sit in a yogic posture like lotus or half lotus.I have seen many sitting crosslegged or as you mention without any leg crossing the other.Sit comfortable in meditation or it will be counter productive.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000