New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah yes, just thought it might be nice to let you know that I definitely know well what a mushroom afterglow is.

Roman
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

And I wonder what someone who was "self realized" would be doing in my situation right now. Could this person ever be bored?

One more thing,
I remember a monk once answered the same question. He said "No, that wouldn't be possible. Because that would be a form of aversion."

Roman
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  2:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
concerning the enlightened Carson the best way to put it is the buddhist way: before enlightenment "chop wood, carry water..." after enlightenment "chop wood, carry water..."

our normal life becomes more filled of creativity and action and giving... we start seeing things for what they really are as one so we work for the benefit of that one thus the selfliness.

but on the other hand everything remains the same we go out to our daily normal life as ever but more happier and in another approach... you understand where i'm aiming at ;)

now concerning taking drugs and such, i've tried some of those in the past and bro trust me they are weake and lame in comparison to the high you'll get from your daily practice later on.

i am not an enlightened person or anything like that, but i've had my fare share of bliss, ecstasy, deep samadhi... and i swear on my life to it that it's better than any drug you'll ever take once the experience evolves. (i even think that the drugs give us sort of a short preview of the beginning of what is in store for us)

just practice and you'll see that to be true by yourself, it's the greatest high you'll ever experience as yogani puts it and it keeps on getting more and more deeper to an end where the power of now overwhelmes you it puts you in the now and there is no mistake about it there it's very powerful sort of paralellises everything and carve you in the now.

i wish you all the best on your path, and stopping drugs completely would be a great step cz it damages and tires the nervous system... on the other hand daily practice will enliven your nervous system.

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  3:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ananda and Roman.

Today is day one without any pot. Yesterday I had 1 hit, and that will be my last. Clean from today on. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back to "normal" whatever that may be

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 11 2009 3:44:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  9:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go for it Carson

my last love, she actually managed to get rid of methamphetamine after 6 years-daily.

Roman
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  10:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats CarsonZi! I completely agree with Ananda. I was never a big time drug user, but the little I did experience is nothing compared to the experiences I've had the last few years while meditating. Now, even simply reading info about meditation, spirituality, ect can put me into a blissful meditative state. It is fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  12:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

Go for it Carson

my last love, she actually managed to get rid of methamphetamine after 6 years-daily.

Roman

Hi Roman,

Good for her! I was an IV meth and heroin addict for several years before I got on the methadone program,(which I have been clean from since October 13th '08) but the hardest drug to quit for me has been pot. It's been my identity for so long that it's hard to let go. But I feel very motivated and dedicated to stay clean for good now.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  5:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

concerning the enlightened Carson the best way to put it is the buddhist way: before enlightenment "chop wood, carry water..." after enlightenment "chop wood, carry water..."

I wonder about that quote. I know it's meant to indicate that nothing changes externally but it got me wondering about CarsonZi and that the result of boredom in a job is smoking weed.

Say that you are in a situation that you currently dislike (might be a job, might be circumstances) is this supposed to indicate that you will then be happy with that situation, or is it the case that we would still be unhappy with the situation and seek to change it ?

It just seems that if you suddenly get enlightenment there is a suggestion that no matter what your current situation, that you would suddenly be blissfully happy.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  05:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Karl :), i am definitely not an enlightened but i've had a glimpse of it you could say and bro trust me if that state is on 24\7 even if you were in the most boring place on earth you would be the happiest person alive.

but the thing is not just this, as a person on the path you see the change coming before achieving that state there is definitely inner silence and ecstacy rising up which makes you more present on the inside and that in turn gives you a sate of focus you never experienced before.

from that state of focus and witness you react with the outside world in ways that are more efficient than before. you can say that you become like a channel to that inner guru within you suggests and you execute and that happens in every aspect of your life.

now if the job we are occupying doesn't seem to be the right one to express our outpouring divine love and creativity, then it seems very reasonable to go out and search for another which we like but ofcourse we stay in our job at the same time just in case we don't find something better cz it wouldn't be wise to risk it all just like that. (common sense must always be present!)

all i can say is, that life becomes a lot better than it was in all of it's aspects till the end that you wanna sing and write a poem it's just too much fun .

there is definitely more creativity, more action, you give more and as a result you seem to be receiving back a lot more than you gave. you know!

no matter what my friend, that state of bliss is worth achieving.

i don't know how to put it, it's very hard to explain. it's like melting in a sea of honey, living in a fountain of bliss and ecstacy... ah! it's that much powerful to the end that it is beyond the description of words...

warmest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  11:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Namaste Friends,

I have been wondering lately what it would be like to be around an "enlightened" person. To watch what they do all day, and to learn from that. I have never met a "guru", or anyone who is "Self Realized" before and I am trying to figure out what a person like this would be like on any normal moment. Granted someone like who I am talking about here probably would never work a menial job, sitting in front of a computer all day or something, but if they were to say have a job sitting in front of a computer all day, how would they be acting? Would that even be possible for someone like this to do anything for work other then something spiritually oriented? Are there such things as, for lack of a better term, "enlightened business yogi's" out there? I would love to watch a person like this in action.

My reason for asking this is that I am always trying to live in the "now". I try not to extrapolate on things, I try to take everything in stride, and really just be present and aware. But at my day job, where I generally sit in front of a computer most of the day, I find that I don't know what to do with myself. Usually I would smoke a lot of ganga to make up for time when I have nothing I need to do, but still need to be sitting here, basically waiting, but I am cutting that out right now so I am finding myself quite bored and unsure of what I should be doing to stay present and not start drifting off into "lala land" or whatever. And I wonder what someone who was "self realized" would be doing in my situation right now. Could this person ever be bored? Any thoughts?

Love,
Carson

P.S. This is pretty much why I post too much here at the forum.

Hey Carson,

today I found a small booklet in my library, which I've read some time ago. It's called Dailylifecare - Meditation in Ordinary Life by Bhante Bodhidhamma. I went through it quickly, and saw that it contains some very good practical answers to many questions you are raising here these days. It's really just a few pages, but goes strait to the matter. Have a look at it, if you feel like doing so. Would be interested in what you think about it.

http://www.satipanya.org.uk/essays/daily_life.pdf

Roman
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Roman!

Had a brief look and it looks right up my alley right now! Thanks for thinking of me! I will give it a thorough read and let you know what I think soon. Good thing I'm a fast reader cause I got a lot to read today already! haha. Thanks Bro

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 16 2009 2:37:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  3:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK....Roman my friend....I tried to pick out a few phrases or sentences that struck home, but I found that after a few pages I had more then would have been feasible to share here on the forum without reiterating the whole thing! What an awesome booklet! I have printed sections out and posted them on my office wall because it was so good. This is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you thank you thank you!

Love,
Carson

P.S. To anyone else....if you have time, read this booklet! It is SO worth the read through!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 16 2009 3:43:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  05:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are very welcome, Carson.

Namasté,
Roman

Edited by - mimirom on Jan 17 2009 07:37:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000