Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Deep Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  12:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani,

Hi, here's wishing you and every other member a happy, prosperous and spiritually delightful NEW YEAR.

My question is : In all the books I have read about meditation methods, and especially in the "Self-realization Fellowship " teachings of Yogananda, there is a lot of emphasis placed on Sambhavi Mudra during meditation, whereas AYP does this. Why ? I personally find that Sambhavi Mudra helps to go deep into meditation.

Krish

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  07:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro1
quote:
My question is : In all the books I have read about meditation methods, and especially in the "Self-realization Fellowship " teachings of Yogananda, there is a lot of emphasis placed on Sambhavi Mudra during meditation, whereas AYP does this. Why ? I personally find that Sambhavi Mudra helps to go deep into meditation.

I take it you meant "whereas AYP does NOT do this" is this correct??

If this is what you meant then the following lesson is an introduction to Sambhavi Mudra. This follows on later to Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka which is much more powerful.

http://www.aypsite.org/56.html

If you go to the Topic Index
http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html
you will find these things more easily.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  12:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
funny you should post this, 5 days ago one of the arabic readers sent me a msg saying that sambhavi mudra has become automatic even during deep meditation plus i asked yogani about the same thing a few months back.

so i guess it kinds of become automatic later down the rod during our practices especialy SBP.

but we don't feed it, we just let it be and it just happens....

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  03:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Sparkle, I meant AYP does not do this. I have read the lesson on Sambhavi Mudra, but it talks of it only during SBP, whereas my query was, why not Sambhavi Mudra (in AYP) during Deep Meditation too ?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  10:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,
Maybe this lesson will help.
Lesson 190 - Q&A – Sambhavi during meditation?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  2:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

I used to only do Sambhavi during SBP at first because it was too distracting to do it during meditation, but what I found over time was that it became as Anada says, automatic. I have come to personally think that almost all of the practices other than meditation should only be added once they become automatic. The reason I say this is because for many months I have been doing SBP and other mudras and bandhas, but not until they started to happen without any intention did I get the feeling that they were "working". Only recently has SBP, sambhavi mudra, nauli kriya, uddiyana and mulu bandha become automatic. And only since they started to become automatic have I felt that they are truly doing what they are meant to be doing. So in my personal opinion (and please take it as such as I still very much a beginner and end up contradicting my own opinions all the time) leave the mudras and bandhas alone until you feel them happening on their own. Focus on DM and inner silence and the rest will fall into place. Someone, please correct me if this is totally wrong and should not have been said. Thanks.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  07:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Carsonzi and Shanti. I understand. Sambhavi can divert our attention from the mantra, even if momentarily,when we find Sambhavi slipping occasionally.

Krish
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000