Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 A great book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  8:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been perusing very deeply a book called Inner Yoga by Sri Anirvan. He has a beautiful going to sleep meditation for the transformation of sleep. Also emphasizes meditation with awareness not mind. He also talks about the awareness's natural tendency towards stillness. I am really not doing justice to the depth of this book, but I can say it is a great read.

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  9:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was just reading this book again and was inspired by some recommendations for observing nature as informal practice time. Integrating the everyday into practice. Observing a flower and feeling its beauty and then internalizing that feeling as that of our true luminous nature. He recommends sky gazing practice immensely. Its a very easy way to have focus that is very concentrated and yet expansive.
The author lived in the late 19th and through the middle of the 20th centuries. He had a very small following including a Western women who wrote memoirs of her time with this master.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000