Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 unconditional love as ishta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  5:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Been working on this a lot lately. I thought I'd share a bit, maybe hear some of your suggestions.

I've been finding it great, just focusing on basically any feeling, inquiring as to why it's there, and seeing how I can turn that over to unconditional love. I actually did this with my lower chakras last night. Just feeling them out to the best of my ability, and always self inquiring as to how I can turn that feeling over to unconditional love, or just knowing that feeling is an expression of love, or basically just... sending some love to that feeling. And with a bit of help from a healer friend of mine, I had a kundalini awakening.

I'm just finding it amazing, just the power of good intentions, for yourself and for others. It's especially kinda neat or cool I guess, to have that more open third eye and to be able to see the energy behind just plain and simple, honest and loving good intentions.

I wasn't really a believer before, or I guess it wasn't something I'd think of much, but I find it made a big difference for me, just to know a bit more about that spiritual reality behind everything.

ps. unconditional love is a pretty shade of green haha :).

Another thing, sort of a "middle path" thing for me. I kinda categorized people as basically "those who need love" (people Being more negative) or "those appreciated" (those overflowing a little more with love). And realized, absolulty everybody falls somewhere between the two. I found it helped me relate a lot of emotions as being expressions of love. Even anger or hate.

Anyway, thanks for reading. And namaste to you good people :).

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  8:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

ps. unconditional love is a pretty shade of green haha :).
Yes, it is:
http://www.hectorchapman.com/reservoir/receive.htm
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  11:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it seems to me anger and hatred are aspects of innocence,
like being a kid, before you really come to know love.. or how precious love is
maybe of a latent kind of love, but it is true love has many, many forms, all of them are pure, maybe none of them can be really known but only felt, I wonder are they any geniuses of the heart, like Einstein? what would that even mean, really?

i had to look up ishta... found this
http://www.hindunet.org/god/ista_devata/index.htm

Ishta Devata, chosen personal deity for bhakti yoga

Edited by - porcupine on Jun 20 2010 12:14:49 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000