Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Try this pranayam method OM AH HOONG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  12:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've experienced powerful results from the following pranayam technique:

1. Sit in siddhasana, touching all fingertips together, back of hands lying on knees, fingertips up like flames
2. Spine erect, shoulder-blades flat, chin tucked slightly in
3. Breathe out fully; squeeze all the air out
4. Hold out breath, saying "OM" mentally while sensing a churning of energy around perineum; don't let it get uncomfortable
5. Inhale slowly saying "AH" mentally while sensing swirling energy coursing up spine and into forehead
6. Hold in-breath for short time in silence
7. Exhale slowly saying "HOONG" mentally while sensing swirling energy coursing down throat, chest, belly and into sex organ
8. Repeat from 4-7 for 30 minutes.

When I couple this with a sonic entrainment, the effects are greatly enhanced.

I find that after a busy day, or at the beginning of one, this has a powerful cerebral noise canceling effect.

I then enter samadhi meditation in silence re-focusing only on the chest cavity rise and fall, sensing emptiness. I may shift into padmasana with hands folded on top of ankles. This I do for 30 minutes as well.

Respect and blessings,

Surrender, TMS
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000