New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  11:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can you achieve deep meditation by using Guided Meditation CD's or is this an aide or hoax?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  3:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Guided meditation (some call it path working)is usually used for relaxation and self healing its not a hoax and has proved to be good for stress relief but at the same time it is not and has no relation at all to deep meditation its more like a form of mild hypnoses.

AYP practices as outlined in the AYP main lessons are much more powerful.
Go to Top of Page

Propundit

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  5:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Propundit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. There are many types of meditation that use different parts of the brain. Some types can be guided, some types can depend on music, etc. But for AYP deep meditation or zazen style meditation, anything external gets in the way.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  5:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I am sorry you are incorrect on this statement.Recent scientific research on the Divine Sound contradicts your statement.From my own experiences using the Divine Sound for meditation I disagree completely with your statement.
Further to that, although I haven't listened to all the recordings that Nandhi has produced,I believe the small samples I have listened to will also give similar results.
http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepage...ressreleases

L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  6:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  9:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been using Kelly Howell's Kundalini Awakening CD now for about 6 months and have had some pretty amazing experiences. I haven't tried AYP yet, but plan to in the near future.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  12:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sumate

Can you achieve deep meditation by using Guided Meditation CD's or is this an aide or hoax?

take a look at www.perfectmeditation.com, not guided, used binaural beats; very effective.
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  8:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to purchase the CD constructed by Dhyanyogi Omdasji the Divine Sound but can't find it at CD baby and Amazon does not carry it.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While listening to these cd's are you doing deep meditation or other practices? If you are in fact doing other practices do you go into deep meditation afterwards?

Please respond;

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  12:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sumate,
I listen to the Divine Sound while meditating which leads me into samadhi almost every time.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  12:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave;

Where did you purchase the Divine Sound or cany you make me a copy and mail it to me.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  3:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sumate,
Please email at riptiz@yahoo.co.uk for details.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  12:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
guided meditation is different from binaural-beat stuff, which is what i assume the Divine Sound is. i dont think guided meditation is too useful in conjunction with AYP (unless it was yogani guiding you in actually doing the IAM mantra) because the mantra IS your guide. listening to binaural beats im sure can be useful, though i always felt like i wanted to stop focusing on the mantra.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  11:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony,
Why don't you study the scientific research and find out what the Divine Sound is instead of presuming.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  12:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave;

I have responded to your e-mail request. Never make presumptions without the appropriate research Anthony. Spiritual Meditation is an exploration and as we explore we can the chart a map for others to follow. There are many roads and paths to enlightenment.

Keep the suugestions and advice coming

Eugene
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  9:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow, guys uh...didn't mean to insult the mighty "Divine Sound".
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  03:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,
I would ask you to look at the evidence and draw your own conclusions.Many on here actually want scientific evidence of how spiritual practices work and not hearsay or 'legend'. In fact Yogani's teachings point to this. You are actually insulting the genuine scientists that have spent about 2 years of their own personal time to give credence to something that can actually help many people on this earth, whether they are in spiritual practices or not.The results have been gathered in laboratory conditions and can be repeated by any scientist in the world.In case you don't wish to read the evidence I enclose a small quote "Biophotonic communication is energy emission from living cells like light and is controlled by the thought processes. The Divine Omdasji Sound Meditation uses biophotonic energy fields to guide the human subject to very deep meditation in a very short time."
I personally don't know if this is Binaural beats but my understanding is that Binaural beats would be created by a machine.The Divine Sound is by voice and mind.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  2:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you give some instruction on how to use the Divine Sound. Should you do some Kriya Pranayam or Spinal Breathing first and Yoni Mudra before meditating to the Divine sound?

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  3:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have searched the internet and cannot find a copy of the Divine Sound. Does anyone in the US have the Divine Sound. I tried Amazon and they state the cd was discontinued in 2006.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  03:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sumate

Does anyone in the US have the Divine Sound. Sumate

Send me an email already, and I will send/loan you my back up copy.

Beware the magic bullet syndrome, though. For most of us, It will take
steady, committed multi-limb approach.

Glagbo.

PS: Yes, I do enjoy ample side orders of Gayatri Mantra rendition,
the Divine Sound by OmdasJi, Turiya Nada , etc.
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  10:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Glagbo;

I have sent you an e-mail. Please let me know when receive it.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glagbo,
Please note that by your mail you risk prosecution as the Divine Sound is copyrighted.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  1:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,

That is like saying that by copying a DVD to give to a friend you are infringing on copyrights. Yes, it is true you are, and I can see why you would want to protect your guru's copyrights, BUT, noone really ever gets arrested for copying a CD and giving it away to a friend, and it won't hurt Dhyanyogi Omdasji since the CD is out of print anyways. I'm sure he would want as many people to benefit from the CD as possible even if he isn't financially compensated for it. Oh, and he or his contracted royalty collectors are the only ones capable of filing such a lawsuit anyways.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 15 2008 2:55:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  2:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't have said it better. Let's not impede or get in the way of spiritual progress. We are here to share and insure all brothers and sisters on the path of enlightenment arrive.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  3:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On a side note, Dave can you tell me how similar Omdasji's Divine Sound is to Jonathan Goldman's Ultimate Om CD? If you have never heard this CD you can hear a sample here: http://www.healingsounds.com/catalo...dProduct=975
Thanks.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000