New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  4:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson;

I have cd's by Swami Rama chanting OM and Swami Kriyananda chanting AUM both are great and I play them during some of my meditations.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  5:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
The reason that the Divine Sound cd is not on general release now is because those that were entrusted with it's distribution stole the money raised.No, it won't hurt guruji for you to steal his recording, it will only hurt the 100,s of people that are fed for free in Mumbai on a daily basis.
I was not implying that I would be trying to prosecute anyone for breach of copyright.
"Let's not impede or get in the way of spiritual progress. We are here to share and insure all brothers and sisters on the path of enlightenment arrive."
Well I am sure that you will not mind if your employer does not pay you for your services.There seems to be a misconception that anyone giving spiritual services should not be charging for these services.Well if they are giving time and skills in an honest way then they are entitled to charge just as you charge your employer for your services.Do you really think that a priest in your local church actually gets up on the pulpit for free?
On a side note, the Ultimate Om cd is nothing like the Divine Sound nor does it have the same effect.The Ultimate Om cd as far as I can see is simply machine generated.I have made a more effective recording of my own voice than this.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  5:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stealing is a very strong word here in this forum. What started out as one seeking joy has now turned into some ego driven accusation. If it is this much trouble to gain access to the Divine Sound then maybe it's not worth me spending any more energy in this direction. Whatever is will be.

I will continue to Meditate on OM and be a giver of peace to mankind and not an expectant seeker.
Swami Rama Tirtha

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  9:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sumate:

I agree with you 100%.
The mere accusation of stealing in this regard is way out of line. I know AYP has a firm policy that it does not allow personal attacks on the forum. I am sure Riptiz's post was not supposed to be approved by the moderators, but I guess sometimes some get through.
Riptiz, I know you love your Guru, but I feel your post was way over the top. I think you owe an apology.
My2cents

Edited by - Guy_51 on Dec 15 2008 9:31:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  01:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,

If the CD is not "for sale" then how is the sale of the CD going to feed hungry in Mumbai? And if it is not "for sale" how is it stealing to give a previously purchased copy to a friend who cannot purchase a copy for themselves?

And I never implied that Ultimate Om had similar effects to the Divine Sound, I was just curious to whether it "sounds" similar. And by the way, Jonathan G recorded over 100 people singing OM to make that CD, so it's not all electronic.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I was not implying that anyone on here stole money from the sales of the Divine Sound and apologise if you thought I did.
RobertJames,theft in any regard is wrong is it not?
Carson, from the sample I heard it appeared that it was elctronic so I guess I would need to hear it all.The reason why it is not on general sale is because Guruji is looking for a company that can distribute it in a correct manner.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  12:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,

So you think that since the CD is not available right now, that anyone who wants a copy should have to wait until Guruji has a company he deems capable of properly distributing his work? That seems kinda selfish to me. As a musician myself I know how infuriating it can be to have people steal your music, but at the same time, if someone is willing to go to the trouble to "steal" your music, isn't that a form of flattery and a tribute to the "success" of the work? To me it wasn't all about money. It was about getting the message out. My band was called (mi-o'pus),[said "my_opus"] and our main release was called "a musical thesis; a philosophy of sound" because the music we created and the lyrics within contained a message I felt the world needed to hear. And if I didn't make any money off of my "life's" work then so be it.....as long as the message got out. And I'm sure that Guruji feels the same. I can understand the need for money, but does Guruji ever go without because the sales of his CD were low one month? Doubt it. And on the idea of distribution, if there is no need for cover art or a physical "instruction book" or whatever, why doesn't he just distribute it via the internet himself so that he can be in complete control of it's sale and distribution? Everyone else who makes their own music does it like this!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 16 2008 12:41:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  1:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
I don't think anything regarding the distribution of the cd. I don't own the copyright.Perhaps if guruji can find someone with the skills to market it online then he will do.I will ask him at the end of the month when I return to the ashram.Perhaps you might point me in the direction needed for online distribution.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  1:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

I don't think anything regarding the distribution of the cd.

Well, from your previous postings I would say that you think that the distribution of the CD should be left up to the proper authorities and not up to just anyone who has purchased it before, as this was what upset you in the first place, or so it seemed. And it especially seemed that you thought that the distribution of the CD should not take place for free, or not without compensating Guruji. That's "something".

And as far as distributing it online any place like www.mp3.com and sites like that will allow you to upload your music and sell it per track at a price. One download per payment. Something like that anyways, it has been a while for me since I had to use an online distribution company,(2002 or something like that) but that was how it worked back then anyways. Probably still pretty similar I'm sure.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 16 2008 1:36:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  2:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Carson,
I don't think anything regarding the distribution of the cd. I don't own the copyright.Perhaps if guruji can find someone with the skills to market it online then he will do.I will ask him at the end of the month when I return to the ashram.Perhaps you might point me in the direction needed for online distribution.
L&L
Dave

Hi Dave:

www.cdbaby.com (in USA) covers CD and MP3 distribution through many major channels -- Amazon, iTunes, CD stores, etc. You can also buy CDs and MP3s on their site. They are one of the largest and most reputable for independent recording artists. It takes time and effort to get set up with them (but not expensive). In the long run it is worth it. All of the AYP audio is there (nine audiobooks). We also do direct MP3 and ebook downloads through www.e-junkie.com and www.payloadz.com

You have to come up with the CDs for CDBaby. They are distribution only. There are also "CD on demand" companies that can do both production and distribution, but I know less about them. In today's market, you can do fine with MP3s only. CDs are in demand less and less.

Good luck!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  3:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you plunge deep enough into meditation the answers to all life's problem's, issues, and disagreements will be revealed. Become the Witness of Conciousness. Thanks Yogani

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  3:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Thanks for the constructive comments.I will discuss your points with guruji when I visit the ashram and hopefully the cd will be re-released for general distribution.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  12:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might also try lulu.com They seem to be the biggest and the best POD publisher out there right now for books and CDs.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  10:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Anthony,
I would ask you to look at the evidence and draw your own conclusions.Many on here actually want scientific evidence of how spiritual practices work and not hearsay or 'legend'. In fact Yogani's teachings point to this. You are actually insulting the genuine scientists that have spent about 2 years of their own personal time to give credence to something that can actually help many people on this earth, whether they are in spiritual practices or not.The results have been gathered in laboratory conditions and can be repeated by any scientist in the world.In case you don't wish to read the evidence I enclose a small quote "Biophotonic communication is energy emission from living cells like light and is controlled by the thought processes. The Divine Omdasji Sound Meditation uses biophotonic energy fields to guide the human subject to very deep meditation in a very short time."
I personally don't know if this is Binaural beats but my understanding is that Binaural beats would be created by a machine.The Divine Sound is by voice and mind.
L&L
Dave

ok, im actually a little dissapointed in myself right now for replying to this...

but, i gotta admit, i dont exactly see where i insulted The Divine Sound and why not one but two people on this thread are so offended. all i said was that i didnt find guided meditation (the name of this thread) to be useful in conjunction with AYP because you would have to focus on both the mantra and the guided meditation.

dig it?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  10:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

I don't know for sure, but after re-reading the thread I think the offended parties were so because you compared The Divine Sound to Binaural Beats, which it is not. Not a big deal IMO, but to someone who is very "attached" to The Divinie Sound it may be offending. My opinion only.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Anthony;

As I continue to meditate and become a witness in the conciousness of self; I contiuosly become unattached to the delusions that my mind/ego create in regards to anger and self defeating traps. I hear, I see it, but I don't react to it most times unless it catches me off guard. What ever was said please don't be offended by it, but please do examine it and then discard it and move on to the real goal of seeking the answer to Who Am I.

OM Guru

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  4:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
k
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000