Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Selflessness, Balance & The Heart Center
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  6:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My experience in meditation allowed me to glimpse a truth that I describe as selflessness. I see selflessness as not only the character of the metaphysical source of creation, but also as the common thread that weaves all world traditions together, as one heart, one tribe and one land.

I'm speaking of Hopi, Tao, Yogic, Tantric, Hebrew, Buddhist, Christian, Sufi, all. The Way of selflessness is also the Way of the heart, of love and the Way of the Cosmos. It is the way of balance. From the tantric Shatkona to the Hebrew Star of David, to the Hopi and Tibetan emphasis on the heart chakra, our hearts are responsible for our feelings of togetherness and maintain our balance between body and mind, individual, community and Cosmos. I also believe the common symbols, like the universal swastika of Hinduism, Buddhism and Hopi, and emphasis on heart chakra point to an earlier civilization, but this is beyond the topic.

The heart chakra is the median between all other chakras, and is known as the chakra of balance. As balanced, our crown chakras open automatically uplifting us with infinite power and knowledge. It is also the seat of the emotions responsible for sympathy and empathy. It is our hearts that connect us emotionally and allow us to identify one another as the same tribe. The Heart Chakra is directly connected to the heart of God, the living Cosmos, or whatever you want to call it. Our hearts beat, just as the Cosmos beats. By harmonizing our hearts with the heart of the Cosmos we feel what it feels. Doing so, we regain balance.

When our hearts connect to the heart of Creation, we actually physically connect to what I can only describe as a holographic fractal spanning multiple dimensions and infinite universes. This connection is what allows for the possibility of omniscience. We will know without learning; our intuitions will allow for instant awareness. It is also the reason why faith and belief allow even the uninitiated to perform miracles.

The Cosmos, is a person, a selfless person, one who creates and loves simply because of awe of us. The Cosmos is selfless, it regards itself as us. It ascertains its heart as mysterious, beyond thoughts, and contemplates the source of its life in astonishment. Between our beating hearts and the expansions and contractions of the Cosmos is a timeless indescribable mystery. Tao is probably the most apt name; we could just as easily call it "Wow."

The import is that it is a great deep dark impenetrable mystery that is also the source of life of all consciousnesses. Though it is a great mystery of mysteries, it is so amazingly beautiful and simple. Anyone can tap the power of this mystery for all purposes. It is the granter of our wishes, the storehouse of all possibility and imaginary impossibilities. It is the cause of creativity, from nothing into masterpiece. It is also why the first become last and the last become first, and all good things come to those who wait, and why we will return to our natural paradise state.

It is precisely because this mystery is what we all are creating our world from, that we must embrace the subtle transcendent and material immanent import of selflessness. Jesus saw this and he stated that above all we must "love each other." Above all. As one tribe selflessly dedicated to the good of all, we will be able to fulfill our destiny, or relive our ancient past, as one family, without possessions, money or property. We will be able to return to our natural state, in harmony with nature, as nature. From selfless love of one another, and nothing else, all questions will be answered, all doors will be opened, all mysteries revealed.

The greatest wound we all suffer is our hearts. We are separate and divided, alienated and alone. We distrust and lack faith in the power of our bond. As we transcend our little egos and combine with Cosmic Mind, let us return to the here and now, park that intelligence in the infinite wisdom within our Earthly heart consciousness, so that we can restore our world, our happiness and our longevity as a people. As we dwell in our hearts, we dwell in the Body of Christ, in the heart of the Goddess of Universal Compassion, in the Buddha-Matrix, in Fitre, we merge and blend with nature as a collective consciousness of love.

This is our time to manifest Paradise on Earth. Love each other. Have faith. Do not doubt, and you will receive anything you ask for in your heart so long as you believe in its arrival. Cling to nothing whatsoever, and you will land in our arms. We travel together to a New Earth in this our journey of mankind. May peace be upon you.

WE ARE THE COSMOS!

Ahhh...

TMS

Edited by - themysticseeker on Dec 02 2008 8:09:35 PM

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic! Thanks for this. A clear description of the path that we all should be on, imho.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  12:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I was about 7 years old, my brother was the light of my life, and I had my first taste of this wonderful selfless love. My brother and I had both made a pact one summer day to "save the world." Until then I had made that pact with myself but secretly. Now I had a compatriot! How wonderful. We did our little childlike things that seemed good to us at the time and that was fun. But something else happened that in retrospect must have been an opening of the heart chakra. A font of love sublime well up in me and I completely surrendered to this upwelling of love. I kept this inner wonder a secret too. I directed it toward my brother because he represented my ishta at the time. I would just wait to serve him in any way he would ask. And in every thing I did for him I received this bounty of good feeling, an intoxicating bliss. Nothing else mattered, I was drunk with love for him. Complete selfless surrender. My parents eventually noticed and put a stop to it, thinking he would exploit me. Little did they know they robbed me of the most wonderful thing that happened in my whole lonely and painful childhood.

At this time of year, I often feel a holy spiritual energy descending into the world and so I wanted to share this little story about selfless love with you, the best thing I have ever been fortunate enough to witness. It was a taste of heaven I would not know again until I entered into extensive meditation practice. But that's another "story."

Love to all,
Jill

Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  1:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

When I was about 7 years old, my brother was the light of my life, and I had my first taste of this wonderful selfless love. My brother and I had both made a pact one summer day to "save the world." Until then I had made that pact with myself but secretly. Now I had a compatriot! How wonderful. We did our little childlike things that seemed good to us at the time and that was fun. But something else happened that in retrospect must have been an opening of the heart chakra. A font of love sublime well up in me and I completely surrendered to this upwelling of love. I kept this inner wonder a secret too. I directed it toward my brother because he represented my ishta at the time. I would just wait to serve him in any way he would ask. And in every thing I did for him I received this bounty of good feeling, an intoxicating bliss. Nothing else mattered, I was drunk with love for him. Complete selfless surrender. My parents eventually noticed and put a stop to it, thinking he would exploit me. Little did they know they robbed me of the most wonderful thing that happened in my whole lonely and painful childhood.

At this time of year, I often feel a holy spiritual energy descending into the world and so I wanted to share this little story about selfless love with you, the best thing I have ever been fortunate enough to witness. It was a taste of heaven I would not know again until I entered into extensive meditation practice. But that's another "story."

Love to all,
Jill

This is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing. The heart chakra pours out powerful emotions. It was a beautiful thing that you experienced an outpouring of love. That needed to be directed at all Creation, then it would flowered and not led to pain. The Heart Chakra is the chakra of balance; it fully flowers when one finally feels the nature of the spiderweb of life.

It is also difficult for children to deal with kundalini and chakra experiences. They are very disorienting and confusing for a kid. I understand how that feels.

The beauty of selflessness arises when the tribe or the community accepts it as the basic social value. Otherwise, we can be taken advantage of. It is a community sense of sharing. The truth of selflessness, once realized, takes two courses. In the Buddha's way, one can feel the need to withdraw from society. Or in the Hopi way to maintain a tight community separate of the world. However, if we all wake up to the the fact that all the ancient techniques of enlightenment grew out of a tribe world, then we will understand that the New World will be a World Tribe.

The importance of selflessness must be realized in meditation practice. When one "clings to nothing whatsoever" in meditation, at some point, one will experience one's self as all of Creation, as the Cosmos itself, and as the mysterious source of the Cosmos, all at the same moment. When that happens, one's mission becomes an effort to maintain the balance of Earth and the Cosmos.

The experience of wholeness injects a sense of great strength into one's field of awareness. One sees one's self as equal to all, which is a sense of greatness. Then you have the ability to see yourself as you see others and others as you see yourself. You demand the treatment of yourself the same as you demand yourself to treat others. This establishes balance.

Selflessness as a realization requires insight, otherwise we can become too attracted to an object of devotion. Selflessness as a social norm can cause perfect self-organization and the end of government, but it requires the tribe to accept it, to put the tribe first.

To practice selflessness properly, we must cling to nothing whatsoever; see everything as same, all things of equal value. The outpouring of love, must be balanced against insight into the true condition of the Cosmos as an interconnected single spiderweb organism.

It's funny but in fact our life energy is like a giant fungus and we are the giant mushroom tops!

WE ARE THE COSMOS!

Ahhh...

TMS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000