All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 to heal kundalini syndrome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  10:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit 2002's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i feel pressure in head and see a serpent thin body.
i feel loss of the sensation of the mind or i am especially through head to chest. i want to end this involuntary awakening. i am christian. i hate yoga and kundalini. this is the serpent trying to manipulate god.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  12:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
2002, what practices did you do to initiate the condition that you are in now?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello 2002:

Victor has asked you just the right question. If your kundalini imbalance is related to recent practices, we obviously need to know what they have been in order to offer suggestions. If this is a tendency you have been born with, then it will probably also be practice-related from a previous lifetime you may not remember. Either way, there are measures you can apply now to find relief.

On the religious aspect, keep in mind that "kundalini" is the same as the "Holy Spirit" in Christianity. There is no difference. Only a different name. It is the same human nervous system we all have expressing the same energy. Yoga methods are for advancing the process of spiritual transformation in the human being without regard to race or creed, and this can be seen through eyes that are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim or any other religion. There is nothing opposed to God in yoga or kundalini. It is only a matter of right management of practices and experiences. Then the truth contained within our religious orientation will become much stronger.

It seems you have moved too fast somewhere in the past (perhaps doing certain practices too much, or in the wrong order) and that is why you are having difficulty now. That is why the first thing to look at is your practices, and consider making necessary corrections. Also, additional help for managing kundalini energy symptoms can be found in AYP lesson #69 at http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

Do continue with your story here, and I know we can offer some helpful suggestions. I wish you all success on your chosen spiritual path. It will get better!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

sauravu

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  5:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit sauravu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have another question is the hate for "serpent" . I think what you see as serpent as a imagery of nerve channels in your body suddently you have become more aware of what it happening in your body and started hating it. Dont see it as a serpent if you want look at it maybe like sheep or anything you like or is agreeable and will solve the problem .
One more thing as for Hinduism there is no religion called by that name . There is something called Sanatan Dharma or eternal religion or truth . With many multiple views of the system prevalant with only one message all path lead or are the truth and the truth is us.
One more thing no one can play with "God".

Let the truth be revealed.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  6:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sauravu

One more thing as for Hinduism there is no religion called by that name . There is something called Sanatan Dharma or eternal religion or truth .

Saurav,

I differ with you there. There is a religion called Hinduism, although it is very loosely defined. What you are calling Sanatan Dharma is probably exactly the same thing.

I agree with Yogani's views on the subject --- see

http://www.aypsite.org/267.html

I also see in that lesson this line:

> Learned people like you should propagate to remove the stigma.

Does someone find the term Hinduism to be stigmatic?

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 22 2005 6:50:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

sauravu

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  6:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit sauravu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David - I would beg to differ there. Though nothing is in the name. But I am pointing out . I do not know the depth of sanatan dharma (hindu) religion by yogani though I do know he is a great yogi which makes him sanatani. Sanatan word means eternal truth . And his quest for truth makes him a sanatani.
In all my life I have never been a part of any Indian religion pracitices or rituals where the word hindu has been uttered . The entire sanskrit or vedic literature does not have the reference to hindu word or its code of law.
That is why I differ from hindu which is more constricted interpretation than a sanatani.What I mean to emphasize that all the people who are seeking truth are sanatani's including the yogis here . eg Yoga is one of the pillars of sanatana system(hindu).But its practice cannot be confined to only set of people who call themselves hindu. It can be practiced by one and all . Therefore the name sanatan dharma .
Though I would like to know David's interpretation of Sanatan or Hindu system.

Let the truth be revealed.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  7:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

David - I would beg to differ there.

You are always free to differ.

>>> Though nothing is in the name. But I am pointing out . I do not know the depth of sanatan dharma (hindu) religion by yogani though I do know he is a great yogi which makes him sanatani. Sanatan word means eternal truth . And his quest for truth makes him a sanatani.

Well, it seems as if you are defining Sanatan dharma in some general sense as quest for truth, which is OK --- but the word would not have the very same meaning as 'Hinduism' then for you. Because Yogani would not normally be called a 'Hindu'. The word has an implication of geographical origin of the religion/belief system. I believe that 'Hindu' has the same etymology as 'Indian'.

>> In all my life I have never been a part of any Indian religion pracitices or rituals where the word hindu has been uttered . The entire sanskrit or vedic literature does not have the reference to hindu word or its code of law.

I'm not saying that 'Hinduism' is an Indian (or a 'Hindu' !) term for Hinduism -- 'Hinduism' is an English word for it.

Regards,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 22 2005 7:15:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

sauravu

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  7:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit sauravu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"which is OK --- but the word would not have the very same meaning as 'Hinduism' then for you. Because Yogani would not normally be called a 'Hindu'. The word has a cultural, geographical implication."
That exactly is the point the practices of hinduism are not confined to the cultural, geographical implications . At least the underlying fundamentals and practices. The followers of yoga system , repitition of mantra invoking power centres , the acceptance of ishta devta and so on are universal in their implication and not confined by the above said parameteres. The fundamentals are eternal or sanatan . The fundamentals shorn of rituals are the ones which appeal to one and all.

Therefore I do not consider hindu as a person living a life of typical culture or geography.

Remember for a sanatani or a hindu all gods are their gods or all actions taken by an individual are done in by the same eternal spirit as his ansh (part.) therefore by the same corollary all men are following the same god therefore are sanatani's or hindu.
This may not be believed by "non Hindus" and here in the difference between the hindu and non hindu arises.

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  10:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Remember for a sanatani or a hindu all gods are their gods or all actions taken by an individual are done in by the same eternal spirit as his ansh (part.) therefore by the same corollary all men are following the same god therefore are sanatani's or hindu.
This may not be believed by "non Hindus" and here in the difference between the hindu and non hindu arises.

Sauravu,

you are philosophically correct in what you are saying. But might I suggest a practical approach towards making yourself best understood and giving these ideas the best voice possible? I would suggest not fighting with the existing meaning of 'Hindu' in English. That meaning is OK, and too big to change; so make that meaning your friend rather than your enemy. Instead give voice to how 'Hinduism' (meaning that religion in that cultural setting) is part of a more general, open, and world-inclusive 'Sanathan Dharma', and how many/most(?) informed Hindus can adapt easily to seeing their religion in this way. (Which makes a strong positive contrast with the traditional Abrahamic religions which, historically at least, did not in the main have that same openness).

Best regards,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 23 2005 10:48:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

sauravu

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  11:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit sauravu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with your view as I know what you know is what I know. As I know you are degress more enlightened person than me or on the path of it.

I posted the clarifications for benefit of others so that people of this forum can look for sanatna dharma (eternal truths) of hinduism rather than the outward manifestation of it (rituals).

Regards
Saurav

Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam (All the world is my family)- Central tenet
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  12:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...another question is the hate for "serpent." I think what you see as serpent as a imagery of nerve channels in your body suddenly you have become more aware of what it happening in your body and started hating it.

Thank you, sauravu, for your fine contributions across the board in the AYP forums. In a very short time you have brought a new dimension to the conversations here. It is always good to hear it from those who grew up in Santan Dharma, Hinduism, or whatever you choose to call it. However it may be named, I have the deepest respect and gratitude. Without it, we would be a few thousand years behind where we are now in putting the practical methods of human spiritual transformation to good use.

Your quote above is especially important, as it points to the role of illusion (maya) in life. How easy it is to mistake the image or metaphor for the reality, and personify it as something opposed to us -- or evil. I think all the human suffering in the world can be traced to this kind of misinterpretation.

The fact is, the "serpent" is none other than the enlivening of our own spinal nerve and other nerves spinning off from it. If we interpret that as something other than our own inner process (or positive divine process in bhakti mode), that is the illusion. A few weeks or months of daily deep meditation can go a long way toward clearing up such misinterpretations. A mind illuminated with inner silence sees the truth of things much more clearly. That's why in AYP we get grounded first in deep meditation, before we attempt to awaken the ecstatic (kundalini) side of our nature. Spinal breathing (root to brow) is also an important prerequisite because of its powerful energy balancing properties.

Just as these core practices can clear up the illusions associated with events inside us, so too do they gradually clear up the illusions on the outside. As Jesus said, "The truth shall set you free." Inner silence and a balanced unfoldment of ecstatic bliss is the truth inside all of us.

I am reminded of the old Indian story about the rope lying on the ground. Someone yelled, "It's a snake!" and everyone went running hither and yon yelling, "There's a snake in the village! A snake in the village!" Many plans were made to get rid of that snake. Finally, someone dared to go close to the rope lying on the ground and saw it was just a rope. Do you think it was easy for her to convince everyone else that it was not a snake? Well, you know the story. We live it every day in real life with all sorts of ropes and imaginary snakes. All the more reason to meditate...

I hope 2002 is still reading. The times when we see a "serpent" in yoga, and think it is a real serpent, are the times when we are a bit ahead of ourselves in practices, or perhaps bumping up against an old sensitivity we have in our nervous system. This does not mean that the serpent is out to get us or our religion. It just means we need to tend to our practices and experiences with a level head, using tried and true methods to bring things back into a tolerable range of inner purification so we can proceed ahead on our journey as smoothly and safely as possible.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000