Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 does Love work this way?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  2:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart."

~Washington Irwing

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  2:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi newpov,

I personally think this is true and it has been my experience. When you get to a point where the outpouring divine love needs an outlet and it hurts if you don't have one, the love given away seems to come back ten fold. I feel more loved today then I have felt in my entire life. I feel like God himself is embracing me with his love. And I think this is because recently I can't seem to give this Divine love away fast enough. I think Mr. Irwing was dead on.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 02 2008 2:28:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  3:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so true, you got me all fuzzy around here.

thks for sharing this my brother.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  5:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"My heart says hello..."

So wrote a caring soul, just a few minutes ago, sensing I was in dire personal trouble. How on earth could he have known and keyed right in to my personal situation?

Love is a mystery. Teach me, people, about Love?

I'm no Christian, I keep telling myself, since the faith Tradition as I've received it from my spiritual betters never made any sense to me--and yet I keep returning to St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians.

What is buried in that 13th Chapter which I'm certain sails right over the heads of most everyone?
quote:

Verse 12:31 -- "Set your mind on the higher gifts. And now I am going to put before you the best way of all.

Next follows the famous Hymn to Love. That Hymn, Chapter 13, ends with: "As it is, these remain: faith [spiritual diligence?], hope [that spiritual diligence will eventually pay off?], and love [giving without expectation of return for effort expended?], the three of them; and the greatest of them is love."

Tellingly, the next verse, 14:1, echoes verse 12:31 -- "Make love [as the best way] your aim; but be eager, too, for spiritual gifts...."
What does all this imply for mantra choice consistent with choice of ishta?

And Paul's emphasis on Love as the "Best Way", together with "My heart says hello," is why I will experiment in the months ahead with the heart centered or activating mantra, AHAM PREMA, meaning "I AM Divine Love."

This heart transformation related to love and therefore the premise that God is Love would be the transformation that if achieved in my life time, will allow me to die with a smile on contentment.

Spiritual gymnastics? Perhaps never mine to be attained or realized. Further, I need a healthy balance between inner and outer lives.

With most grateful and tender feelings toward you all,

newpov
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  6:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what about this advanced yoga practice my brother:
http://www.aypsite.org/220.html

at least you know it's tested and proven to be effective like all the practices which yogani offered us.

btw no one's life is perfect, everyone has his own demons.

and one time or another we all have to let go and let god (some learn it the hard way and the others the easy way)

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000