Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  4:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What are the results of the consistent practice of spinal breathing. Should Yoni Mudra come right after spinal breathing.

Sumate

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  4:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Sumate , and welcome to the ayp forums.

it's best if you'd hear it from the lion's mouth in the main lessons.

check the main lessons on the practice of pranayam and the q&as related to it:
http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

and yes yoni mudra should come second, but it's best advised to be stable in all the before introduced practices like spinal breathing and deep meditation b4 adding YMK plus self pace is much advised too.

i suggest strongly that you would read the main lessons from the beginning if you would like to have a complete understanding about the practices used on this web community and their benefits.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  12:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ananda;

I purchased the AYP text book six months ago and have been reading the book. I have been a practioner of meditation for about ten years and have been very consistent the past five years. The last two years I have been doing lessons with Self Realization Fellowship and considered to be a Kriyaban but have not been able to do the initiation.

I like the AYP text book because of the straight talk and not more spritual riddles to unlock.I have been practicing Pranayama (Spinal Breathing)for the past year daily with jyoti afterwards and just don't seem to understand where it is taking me spiritually.

Thanks for your advice.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  1:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should have also mentioned that in conjunction with the spinal breathing and jyoti, I am doing the chin lock and then go into deep meditation for 30-45 minutes twice a day. Once into meditation I disappear into what appears as a deep sleep, but can feel myself coming back to conciousness periodically. Am I nodding off or am I meditating?

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  1:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea why, but when i tried the AYP spinal breathing method, compared with SRF kriya, it was much more powerful. You might find the same thing. I am not alone in my "praise" for AYP methods.
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  2:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are there any guided audio books on Correct Spinal Breathing practices. Reading out of a book and not having a teacher to coach you through can be difficult.

Thanks

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  2:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sumate

I should have also mentioned that in conjunction with the spinal breathing and jyoti, I am doing the chin lock and then go into deep meditation for 30-45 minutes twice a day. Once into meditation I disappear into what appears as a deep sleep, but can feel myself coming back to conciousness periodically. Am I nodding off or am I meditating?

Sumate

don't worry about this kind of deep, it's the kind which has a lot of induces powerful purification in the nervous system.

but i would worry concerning your meditation time and routine a bit. (seems some self pacing is needed here)

have you read yogani's main lessons.

plus could you share what are you practicing in order plus how many times a day and for how long.

and are you having any kind of symptoms that you think should be mentioned around here.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am practicing Kriya Yoga with the Self Realization Fellowship. I am in year two with the Lessons. I practice daily Maha Mudra, Kriya Pranayama, Yoni Mudra with OM, Chin Lock, and then Meditation 30-45 minutes twice pr/dy.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  3:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's a good set of practice...

are you practicing meditation on chakras while using mantras for each one of them or soham or...?

a very effective method of meditation which might surprise you if you give it a shot is yogani's method which is offered in the main lessons. (http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html)

plus spinal breathing is a kriya yoga practice as well, check it out here plus the other practices that exists in the main lessons.

i used to practice kriya yoga myself (well maybe not for too long, but still...), anyways the techniques over here are optimized in a way which would give more results.

i'm not saying that kriya is bad or doesn't work or anything it's great actually.

all i'm saying here is that yogani have improved the techniques used in the kriya yoga schools into being more effective and integrated them with other optimized advanced yoga practices from other schools as well. (and i can attest to the efficiency of them out of my own experience with the two practices)

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  4:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda

Thank you and all suggestions and advice are much appreciated.

OM Shanti

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  4:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda can you be more specific about which meditation (Yogani's Method) you are recommending from the main Directory.

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  4:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sumate,

The lesson on meditation is Lesson #13. Best of luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  5:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson said it; howdie Carsonzi.
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  7:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again;This meditation sounds familiar to the So-Ham mantra practice. Yes I do practice chakra meditation also. Send more recommendations.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  12:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy Ananda, Sumate,

AYP Deep Meditation is similar to SoHam, except that we don't connect the I AM mantra with the breath like with SoHam. This is so that when natural breath suspension happens there is still a mantra. Best of luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  04:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few lessons that discuss the AYP mantra strategy:
Mantra Particulars (shows the difference between soham mantra with breathing and iam mantra wothout breathing: http://www.aypsite.org/59.html
Mantra Design 101 (very important details, beautiful to read): http://www.aypsite.org/188.html
Also see other lessons under "mantra" in the topic index: http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

the difference is that with soham mantra breath is used and that is a pranayama practice plus a mantra practice; which makes it different from deep meditation.

deep meditation is about letting go of the mantra (active surrender), that way it will lead us into inner silence.

here in ayp we do pranayama b4 deep meditation and each is done alone, we don't mix the two together.

and concerning chakra meditation, it's a beautiful practice but it's a bit different from what we use here which is global cleansing of the nervous system during pranayama and deep meditation.

and the best recommendation that i can give is read the main lessons from the beginning.

oh! and don't worry you don't have to practice any of these lessons if you are good with the tradition you are following.

just consider these lessons as food for thought.

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  04:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s: we do some direct work on the chakras later on with practices like targeted bastrikah and heart breathing.
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  09:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again; It amazes me that this level of knowledge is handily available. It just goes back to the addage that when the student is ready the teacher will appear. I truly understand when Yogani says the Guru is in you.

This is a great forum

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  9:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ever seen the movie the Ninth Gate? with jhonny depp?

Their are Nine Gates of the body.
eyes,ears,nostrils,mouth,anus,penis. those are the Nine.

Energy flows in and out with breathing.

Spinal breathing, though effecting the sexual organ, i believe may be more effective if seen as the energy flowing in and out of the anus.

As for chakras, make the life force vibrate.
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Avatar;

How do you make the chakras vibrate

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  4:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Avatar,
quote:
Originally posted by avatar186

Spinal breathing, though effecting the sexual organ, i believe may be more effective if seen as the energy flowing in and out of the anus.

What makes you think that?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
becouse, energy flows in and out of the 9 opening with every breath.

the anus, the front of it, is were the spine ends.
mulabandah is tightening the anus.
think of it like this, instead of not being aware of the flow of energy in and out of the anus BUT using the root lock, or siddhasana. and just taking to the sexual organ.
you incorporate its flow, and effect the body of the spine twice as much.

its just a thought for some of you, itl either be usefull to you or wont. but remember, as the nostrils flair with pressure, as above so below, that is a sign of movment in energy. good luck with it.
just made me wonder, why do we only work with one of two of the lower gates? will not both help our work? they are the ONLY two lower GATES. we use one to rise, why not the other. haha and it figures, the 8th governes the spine. but i may be wrong!

and ive been using it, workd good with spinal breathing.
but i am still trying to master my perticular way. the fire path as apposed to spinal breathings water.

dunno sumate. not a master of it yet.

Do the full yogic breath.
in the abdoman, stomech,chest. full in.
at the end, the belly should be back a little, due to the rise of the chest.
hold, til you think about 65 to 50 percent of air is absorbed.
not more than 3 secs. this parts up to you.
then exhail breathing pushing the stomech stomech back and breath in right away.
this is a 2 parts inhail one part exhale. get rythem and be consistant.
if you start to get cramps, or persperate, stop. the key here is not to excite the body, as soon as that happens, your body starts to absorbe chi. and raw prana wont manifest.

if your doing spinal breathing, and you have a great pressure. it may be possable for u to make the exhail go down and out one of the two channels down their. thats right, pressing the pressure out then bringing it back in. but i have found
"while using immense pressure strong enough to make full erection turn to no erection at all" that it didnt work well. of corse, i also did not, while i had this pressure, experiment with the channel of the anus. so that may be somthing ti try.

raw prana, this vibrating. youv felt it befor, the thing is learning to do it.
first time i experianced it, was expremly rapid full breath.
but i had a double fold downwards sexual flow.
it is said, the vibrating of life force, comes from stimulating outflowing chi, but i dont believe its right to focuse on that aspect of it.
but whatever works.

ever feel the slight buzzing of the hands, same difference, except im talking about raw chi in bulk.

you have convinced me, to make this my second priority.
the first being the refinment of the fire path method.
the second, being mastery of raw chi, so that i can explain it in such a perfect way that we can all do it. that part will help water and fire paths.

and yes, i know yoga is usually called fire path, they are all fire path. i simply call it like this, cause it seems like. well.
i take it back. its ignorant to call either one that. since both require fire in order to turn water into air, and gain chi from it. chi/vitality.
actually the last time i experianced this fire, that turns water into vitality, was threw using spinal breathing. haha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000