Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 will_Iam.....is back on ritlin...iam so confused.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

will_Iam

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  12:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit will_Iam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My whole younger life I was controlled on government dope ritlin,
I was high got to books of poems and thoughs of wanting more from life.mybody was always tinglening and I felt good right in chest, a claming effect.I stopped when I was 22 and had fried my CNS to where I couldnt controll my CNS. from dexidrin. Iam 26 and have been using crack....percs ah.. who cares anymore what drugs I did,people what to hear what your going to do about it.Iam back on ritlin 20mgx4 no time relese.Mylife was so hard to mange 3 times in the mental hospital.for going of the wagon, nothing they cant help me. well they could they could make it so my sences are dulled and theres drul coming down the side of my face. (ahh.. I dont feel any pain...where are we?).Ive lost my mojo.or is the ritlin my mojo. living life high on these drugs
when your young and becoming a young adult, tryng to find your inself. Just when you think that you know yourself. (doc say you have been on these meds to long.) your an adult now these drugs are to controll young kids. So to the point I still cant calm down,Ive got some mojo back,but I feel Its only to fulsilate the ritlin, I want to be doing something.I think alot, I have to quit weed so I can get a good job in oilpatch.I know this is wrong for me the ritlin. I havent even meditaited yet Iam reading AYP (easy lessons)music is calming me now and allowing me to think. I still cant calm down,and do nothing.
these drugs dont work like that. is there maybe a breathing tecnechic
I could use when Iam working. beside the deep breath, and telling one self relax.? What about my surroundings I dont feel them. I have no plants in house. Iam thinking about doing up a medition room that I can feel the surrounding. fung sway its called something like that.
quiting smoking,quiting everything thats bad habbit. Ill start with thinking, alway postive..........The man with a new idea is a crank until the new idea succeeds. mark twain.

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  4:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
try deep meditation AYP-style, it helps calm the mind and give steadiness in everyday life.

because you seem to be a bit unstable start with 5-10min twice daily. stick to it, easy procedure. You should start noting something after few weeks/months.

Another technique I found thtat worked in my daily life when I have throughts racing or am anxious or nervous or something: repetition of a mantra (other than I AM) in your head. gently and easy. a few repetitons and you should already feel a bit calmer. I use buddhist mantra because I like it: om mani padme hum. It is an Easwaran technique. see here: http://www.easwaran.org/page/101

All the very best.
Go to Top of Page

will_Iam

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  6:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit will_Iam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ive always gone by the name chris. yet when I singed up yesterday on the AYPsite, I was looking for way to rep. myself, william is my given name,so
will_Iam... maybe the clam words I need to here.
relax is like cap it, will_Iam I could use to let me know iam fighting for change. thxs, for insight.
Go to Top of Page

Propundit

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  10:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Propundit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Best wishes to you as you work to get healthier. I think you are right about the weed - it only complicates things (from jobs to mental stability to finances).

I don't know much about ADD or ADHD and ritalin, so I can't give specific advice on that.

I do know about panic disorder and some of the meds that are used for that. Some meds I am reluctant to take, but others have helped me. When things get bad for me, I take them, and when I get to some degree of normalcy, I can work on other things that help me - exercise, meditation, good diet, etc. Over time, I have needed the meds less and less, which is not perfect but OK, maybe that's all I get in this life.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  05:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will-I am. What is it that you DO want ?

State it in the positive i.e 'I dont want to take drugs' is a negative statement. Be precise about what you want ie. 'I want to be happier' is not precise as no one can measure happiness.

So, where do you want to be Will ? What do you want to achieve ?

What is it you are getting out of your present choice in life ?

When you define what it is you want, how much you want it and what you will gain and lose when you have it, what will you gain and loose if you dont have it. Then you have already begun to start to build the new life you are seeking.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000