AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Nothing much happening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jellyfish

12 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  10:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit jellyfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing since January, twice a day, and nothing much has happened. I have had a few good experiences where I get a burst of blissful energy which totally clears my head for a couple of days. Occasionally i feel better after meditating and I can think better. I really want to clear this apathetic, tired feeling I have. What's the deal? Is it because I am maybe starting out with more blockages to clear? I feel like I go into an altered state when I meditate but nothing transcendental. There are some cool feelings and such.

How long is this going to take? I really want to feel free and function better. I want to be happier. I love how clear I feel when I get a good meditation and how well I function.

I've probably answered my own question really...maybe I just need to keep going.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  10:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jellyfish, have you considered adding spinal breathing to your routine?
Go to Top of Page

jellyfish

12 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  11:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit jellyfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did add it but I don't really have time for it at the moment. It didnt really do much more for me. I may go back to doing it
Go to Top of Page

jellyfish

12 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  11:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit jellyfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.aypsite.org/14.html
http://www.aypsite.org/16.html

These two lessons pretty much answered my question. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  4:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jellyfish

I have had a few good experiences where I get a burst of blissful energy which totally clears my head for a couple of days. Occasionally i feel better after meditating and I can think better. I feel like I go into an altered state when I meditate but nothing transcendental. There are some cool feelings and such.

Sounds like a lot is happening!

I have had many people tell me to think in scale of a lifetime. Meaning, that even though you have practiced for almost a year now...that is relatively little time compared to people on here that have been practicing for 30+ years.

I have practiced for a little over a year and a half. I have noticed that the "transcendental" stuff does not necessarily present itself as an awesome experience of cosmic adventure. Transcendence sloooowly came into my life in the form of better thinking and awareness of myself. This awareness leads to much better practice as you are better able to identify false thought patterns and obstacles that are of your own making. As your practice improves you gain more experiences that further fuel your practice and so on. For example, down the road in your practice you may find yourself wanting to post a topic like this on the forum but then realizing "wait, I know that this pattern of thought is ultimately not Truth". I have found myself starting-without-posting many topics more and more as I am better able to identify progress-halting thought patterns. THAT is transcendence to me! Transcendence of the unconcious thoughts.

And you are correct, you just gotta keep goin' :-)

Blessings, there are many brothers and sisters who are right where you are :-)
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  07:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In lesson No. 14 Yogani talks about lifetimes of obstructions blocking our nervous system, and requiring clearing before we see progress/results from our sitting practices. How are these obstructions created in the first place ? How can we, at least now on, "prevent " more of these obstructions being created ? Is it not-following the Yamas and Niyamas that creates these obstructions ? Can some member or Yogani himself pl. clarify this ? If this is the case, then we probably simultaneously need to focus on these aspects.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I understand it correctly, it is by not being present in inner silence (in daily lifes) that creates karma and obstructions. It is unaware or unconscious living. So, by meditating, we are, at the same time, dissolving past obstructions by connecting with inner silence, and we are bringing more awareness by cultivating the witness (or inner silence again) through meditating. So, our actions become gradually more cand more conscious and rooted in awareness or inner silence. Then everything flows (=no obstructions).

Hope this makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

jellyfish

12 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  1:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jellyfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to be going much better today. I have been adding the occasional OM into my mantra. This seems to be quite natural. It appears to get things moving quicker. today I have had a breakthrough in terms of releasing stuck feelings which is great.

Its cool to add the occasional OM, isn't it?

Thanks for all your help btw, your all very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  1:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These blockages ?

They seem very similar to my work with Time Line Therapy. Infact the whole idea of tracking up and down the spine and finding blockages is so similar that it has to have some connection.

With TLT we find the clients time direction (the two common ones have the time line spread from left to right through the body, or front to back). I have the client float along the timeline from past to future and release negative emotions around Anger, sadness, fear, hurt, guilt and anxiety.

In previous versions of TLT the timeline could be seen from the clients perspective as littered with dark patches which represented traumatic events, some minor others major. When releasing emotion around the event I often find the first event that started a chain reaction may have happened several lifetimes ago, either genetically or represented by actual characters.

These representations are not important in the real world, it is only important that the client is happy with the representation so that the emotion can be eliminated while leaving the memory and experience in place.

These negative emotions have different energy levels. Anger is a very strong energy that when released leaves the client very tired. Sadness is the opposite and we release in this order to keep the client balanced.

Along with emotion come a series of blocks around achievement. Often someone wants to achieve something and does not feel they can, this is called a limiting belief and might be part of the negative emotions or something quite seperate. finally there is conflicting beliefs.......one part wants something and the other part is in conflict with it, this results in a lack of action, so in this case we resolve the conflict to the satisfaction of both parts.....it's usually an exhausting procedure for the client as both parts battle for supremacy in the clients sub concious.

Anyway, it's just interesting that this similarity exists, does anyone know if there is a close tie with both ideas ???
Go to Top of Page

lakshmi_shegar

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  11:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit lakshmi_shegar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jellyfish,

Thanks for posing those links the answers were really cool.

Regards,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000