Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Yuga Theory of Yukteshwar / Yogananda
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

supernova

India
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit supernova's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In "Autobigraphy of a Yogi" Yogananda mentions about Yugas. This is also mentioned in Yogananda's "The Divine Romance" book
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuga#S...on_the_yugas

In "Divine Romance" book, Yogananda says there will be thousands of years of ascending cycle of technological advances and then in next ages man will start using mind more and be able to enter astral world / more virtuous and such. We have just started in this age (tech advances) as per theory. He also says it will go into descending cycle and that such 24000 years of cycles have happened many times by now.

Well, I want to believe in this theory as it is told by Yogananda , but some doubts remain for me. If such cycles have happened before , why is it man has not discovered even a single technological artifact from previous cycles (Even in previous cycles Yugas of technological acheivements were there as per theory). Man has done lot of excavations and have found even fossils millions of years old. Then why man has not yet encountered any technological artifact from previous Yugas (cycle of 24000 years, many cycles happened by now).

Any comments on what people think.

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Supernova, I believe it is incorrect; wrong; false; mistaken. Other words come to mind, but they probably aren't in the spirit of the forum.

I see no evidence for it and plenty against it, some of which you are pointing out.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  01:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty interesting though, that Don Miguel Ruiz also says that this is something like the 6th cycle we're in! We have risen and fallen in consciousness, with the whole earth being enlightened five times before. (If I remember the numbers correctly.) Don't know if they mean the same cycles...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  07:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure that Yukeswar's theary is that there was technology before, just spiritual energy waves.
Having said this, there have been plenty of discoveries of what looked like ancient technology, but was different than what we have today. We don't see this as high tech because we don't understand how it worked.
but the main reason is that the time periods are so long that things decay almost completely when they are that old. There are many earth changes, tectonic plate movement, etc.

Edited by - Etherfish on Nov 26 2008 07:49:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  11:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As per Hindu belief, after a cycle of 4 yugas, all of creation is destroyed and then re-created. This perhaps explains why no trace remains.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000