Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Is practicing 2 different Mantra meditations good?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  03:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've started practicing Deep Meditation after a brief hiatus and it has been wonderful but I just stumbled onto the HongSau method of meditation and I was wondering if it is okay to practice both?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  12:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Coleslaaw,
It is not recommended to mix 2 techniques when you are starting off. For one it can lead to major overloads and secondly, you will not realize which practice is adding what to you.. and self pacing gets very complicated.

It is recommended to stick to one practice in the beginning.. and when you are stable with it.. then experiment with others. Till then consider the other practice, as Yogani calls it, "food for thought".
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/59.html
If you are following another teaching or tradition, and it is going well, stick with that. That goes for any other mantra you have been given as well. In that case, just consider these lessons to be "food for thought." There is no wish here to interfere with existing systems of practice. These lessons are designed to present an "open system" of integrated spiritual practices that can be used by anyone to the degree desired. Beginners can start from scratch at the beginning and go all the way through with these lessons. Experienced practitioners can tap in anywhere and pick up a few pointers. Like that.

If you have decided to use these lessons as the primary source for your practice, then you would do best to discontinue any overlapping practices and follow the lessons precisely. There are only so many things a person can do at once. You can see there are plenty of practices here to digest. Yahoo willing, there will be many more advanced yoga practices coming. Keep it simple and go one step at a time. If this is going to be your primary source, there will be more than enough to do. We will leave no stone unturned.

I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 23 2008 12:32:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  8:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that...I think that I'll stick with Deep Meditation for now..Also, I love the help here you guys are quick but again, thank you
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  12:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The problem now is that I'm still practicing Deep Meditation but I also want to practice the Klim("Kleem") mantra to atrract desires..do you guys see any problem with that?...I know its good to stick with one practice at a time but I don't want to lose that inner silence that I'm getting with Deep Meditation
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi coleslaaw,

Just one question....why are you wanting to attract desires? Do you not have enough desires already? Desire/attachment is the root of suffering so I am having a little bit of a hard time understanding why you would want more desires. Perhaps you misspoke or I am not understanding correctly. A little clarification might be in order. Sorry if I am being dense.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 02 2008 11:52:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  3:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure coleslaaw was talking about attracting the tings of desire, not the desire itself. There has been a lot of talk about "kleem" and that chanting it would manifest things, relationships etc. In my experience, it doesn't seem to work. Anyone has different experience or any thoughts on this?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000