Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Does Ecstasy acts as a Reaction ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  03:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I was wondering if ecstasy can be considered just a reaction of the body while in the meditative states. Is it just a mere reaction of the body ? In my meditations it seems like a reaction of my intense meditative practices, very wonderful that can last days, but is it this reaction a chemical effect of the body ? Sometimes it acts like a drug, we want more and more, and we seek and seek till we have them.
Sometimes is painful when the ecstatic effect is very strong, like in the case of Theresa of Avila. Does it helps to enlightenment or is it just a chemical effect?

Any Ideas ?

Sat Nam
Neli

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did read somewhere (synchronicities again) recently that endorphins from the brain can get into the cerebro-spinal fluid and nerves in the body. In any case, it feels good so why think badly of it? I think this is what Yogani means by "estatic conductivity". Nothing wrong with a bit of ecstasy is there?

I have been feeling this energy in my back and shoulders lately. I believe when it goes into the shoulders this could be like the wings of the cadaceus symbol. It's all the manifestation of kundalini energy i reckon. And so i don't think it isn't a spiritual experience.
Go to Top of Page

Propundit

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  09:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Propundit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the mind merely a reaction of the body? Clearly mind depends on brain to a large degree. But there are many disagreements between pure materialists and other philosophers/spiritualists.

Some would see a watch and say it is only gears and springs (or silicon chips, wires and a battery). But a functioning watch takes part in something much more than the sum of its parts - it is synchronized into larger events such as a time zone (and my watch is synchronized into tides and phases of the moon). One of the reasons that there was (and still is) a fetishistic interest in watches is that they were a key technology in producing a new society that was coordinated - train engineers, ship captains, and others used the common time system to de-isolate scattered machines and turn them into a super-system that made many new things possible.

Metaphysics does not deny physics, but it sees physics as only a starting place.

Many people would probably benefit from more endorphins in their blood - people get stressed out so much that everyday life becomes painful and their bodies cannot relax. But yoga practices do more than merely increase endorphins - the purpose is to turn our bodies into finely tuned watches that can take part in something much bigger.

Edited by - Propundit on Nov 22 2008 10:05:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  02:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Gumpi,

I agree with you totally. I think that many of my ecstasies are produced by the body or cerebro-spinal fluid, or whatever, I mean I think it's a chemical reaction, but I really don't know, it feels great when this happens, its like a drug, I think heroin can also produce this symptom, but with the kundalini practices, it comes alone, without drugs, although it works like a drug that we are arising or producing in our bodies, it feels so great that I always want more and more, that's why I think it can be a chemical reaction.

I try not to be attached to the ecstasies, but its impossible once we have felt them.

I have also felt this energy by my shoulders, like wings, but its so smooth, I think its the energy that it's working there. Spiritual experiences have nothing to do with sensations, I imagine.

I just read in a Kundalini book, that one can hear music as a gift of Shakti, and lately in the mornings I can hear some wonderful and smooth music, at the beginning I thought it was a symptom of the energy, but what I just read was that Shakti has her own music and let herself be heard when she wants, I mean she let us know that she is present inside us.

Have you heard something like that ? about the music ?

It's lovely but it lasts only a few minutes, sometimes seconds.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

I did read somewhere (synchronicities again) recently that endorphins from the brain can get into the cerebro-spinal fluid and nerves in the body. In any case, it feels good so why think badly of it? I think this is what Yogani means by "estatic conductivity". Nothing wrong with a bit of ecstasy is there?

I have been feeling this energy in my back and shoulders lately. I believe when it goes into the shoulders this could be like the wings of the cadaceus symbol. It's all the manifestation of kundalini energy i reckon. And so i don't think it isn't a spiritual experience.

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  02:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Very interesting post, I think the mind is part of that clock that are our bodies, I agree with what you stated.

It can take more than one life to be like finely tuned watches.

Thanks for your reply.
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Propundit

Is the mind merely a reaction of the body? Clearly mind depends on brain to a large degree. But there are many disagreements between pure materialists and other philosophers/spiritualists.

Some would see a watch and say it is only gears and springs (or silicon chips, wires and a battery). But a functioning watch takes part in something much more than the sum of its parts - it is synchronized into larger events such as a time zone (and my watch is synchronized into tides and phases of the moon). One of the reasons that there was (and still is) a fetishistic interest in watches is that they were a key technology in producing a new society that was coordinated - train engineers, ship captains, and others used the common time system to de-isolate scattered machines and turn them into a super-system that made many new things possible.

Metaphysics does not deny physics, but it sees physics as only a starting place.

Many people would probably benefit from more endorphins in their blood - people get stressed out so much that everyday life becomes painful and their bodies cannot relax. But yoga practices do more than merely increase endorphins - the purpose is to turn our bodies into finely tuned watches that can take part in something much bigger.

Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  09:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi neli,

No i haven't heard any of the inner music before but i would love to. There was one time i thought i heard a cricket during the day and i looked up cricket sound chakras on google and it came up as being a sound one of the lower chakras makes.

What does your sound sound like?

Have you ever seen the spiritual eye? It is supposed to be like the near-death experience of seeing a light at the end of a tunnel.

The feeling in the spine and back is nice.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  04:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Gumpi,

I really like the music, its like classic music, or maybe astral, but its wonderful, I didn't know that Shakti had its own music, I just read this in a Kundalini book and it was amazing cause I have like a week hearing this sound, sort of synchronicity with the book, hahaha.

I have seen the blue pearl, and have felt it around me, but what you mention I have felt it in jhanas, in the absorption meditations, its like an astral projection or OOBE, actually the samadhi states are altered consciousness states, and the OOBE is the first symptom to feel when one is near to samadhi, cause one is out of the body, and the senses of it are lost, just the consciousness abides, not even ecstasy abides when samadhi is near, cause one is out of the body sensations.

I think the spiritual eye that you mention can be the state of samadhi, I have seen the tunnel in my OOBEs, and a kind of light, then one is attracted to the light, this is very frequent when one is OOBEing.

I felt yesterday the energy in the spine, was crowling up but very strange cause it was waving like a serpent upwards, it also feels great.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Hi neli,

No i haven't heard any of the inner music before but i would love to. There was one time i thought i heard a cricket during the day and i looked up cricket sound chakras on google and it came up as being a sound one of the lower chakras makes.

What does your sound sound like?

Have you ever seen the spiritual eye? It is supposed to be like the near-death experience of seeing a light at the end of a tunnel.

The feeling in the spine and back is nice.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000