Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What's that smell?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tam Phap

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  9:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tam Phap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been having a number of interesting things happening recently that I would imagine are as a result of my practice - flashes of blue light, ringing in my ears, waves of bliss, etc., but the latest one I find to be really strange - over the past couple of weeks, I have been smelling smoke - almost like cigarette smoke - on a fairly consistent basis. I am not a smoker and nobody else in the house or at work smoke... could this be yet another phenomenon? Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
Many thanks,
Phil

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  10:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if its the same thing, but sometimes I went through periods where I smelled a smokey smell nearly all day and no one would know what I'm talking about. I used to get it especially after a workout.
Go to Top of Page

Propundit

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Propundit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A friend of mine once went through a period where he would smell gasoline or other chemical smells, even when no one else could. He didn't meditate at the time as far as I know, but he thought it might be related to taking a rather large dose of B vitamins to try to treat carpal tunnel problems.

Most likely, I think it would be from a functional disturbance in the nerves involved with smell - those neurons might be more activated and firing even when there is nothing to trigger them.

Edited by - Propundit on Nov 23 2008 1:21:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000