Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Breathing through both nostrils?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  8:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
From my "Deep Meditation and Marijuana" topic:
quote:
Thank you all for your posts believe me I am taking all of them into consideration...I don't really see any effect on my practice with me smoking marijuana..In fact, while I was still on my high about 2 days ago, I came home and decided to do some meditation...Well, before that I had somewhat given up on the practice, in fact actually it wasnt giving up just trying new thing..What I tried was the Soham mantra then I asked my spirit guides and Master Choa Kok Sui to lead me to the proper meditaiton practice but anyway something told me to reread the book because one of the reasons I stopped doing the Deep Meditation was because of a splitting headache that I got which lasted so long(whole day) that I just said forget this but this is one of the reasons you should never skip around in a book because I wouldn't have wasted so much valueable time trying to do those other practices if I hadn't done that...I read in the book that though it is a rare case, headaches can happen as part of the purification practice so yea I felt like a dumbass..I read finished reading the chapter and had all my questions answered so I laid down and did some preliminary breathing exercises that I actually learned while practicing using the Soham mantra...after that I proceeded with the practice as outlined in the book and started to feel the headache feeling and energy sensations come on again..I remembered Yogani saying to "favor the mantra" so I did just that...When I started paying too much attention to the breath..I favored the mantra..When the pressure fom the energy was getting heavier..I favored the mantra so in the process of doing this all the energy just stopped, the little headaches? stopped..after this I felt the most wonderful feeling of bliss..It was like the weight of the world had just been lifted off my shoulders..LOL, I got so excited about what was happening that I just opened my eyes but man I dont even know how to describe it but lately I've been feeling great..I even smoked yesterday and meditated this morning I can still feel the inner silence and I still get feelings of bliss every few minutes..Also, the whole day I've been able to breath through both of my nostrils so what I think is that for me I couldn't meditate right after smoking..I would have to come down from my high a great deal before I could even think about meditating but if you do I don't see anything wrong with that but in MY CASE? It hasn't affected me one bit

Now through this experience of purification I've been able to breath through BOTH of my nostrils and I've been doing this the whole day...There was a name for this that Swami Satyananda gave in some article I read but I forgot but what might be the reason for this?...I've done alternate nostril breathing when practicing Yoga Nidra but I haven't practiced that in about a month..Is this type of thing supposed to happen with Deep Meditation? Also, if any of you remember what this is called can you please help me out with the name?

Christi

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  03:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coleslaaw

quote:

Now through this experience of purification I've been able to breath through BOTH of my nostrils and I've been doing this the whole day...There was a name for this that Swami Satyananda gave in some article I read but I forgot but what might be the reason for this?...I've done alternate nostril breathing when practicing Yoga Nidra but I haven't practiced that in about a month..Is this type of thing supposed to happen with Deep Meditation? Also, if any of you remember what this is called can you please help me out with the name?

This was discussed in this topic:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=4745#40723

When, due to purification, the kundalini moves into the central channel, the breath will flow evenly through both nostrils. This can happen throughout the day.

It will happen due to deep meditation, or due to any effective yoga practices, simply by the prana being brought into the sushumna. It is a sign that good things are happening.

Sorry, I don't know what it is called.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  4:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Found a whole article on Sushumna by Swami Rama:

http://sites.google.com/site/swamir...ama-sushumna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000