AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 breath slowing down during the day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  10:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello my friends,

i've been practicing breathing exercises in a daily manner for about 2 years or so now.

the openings and the other peak experiences and the very clear ecstatic symptoms where very rare b4 i came here and took on yogani's system of practices.

this shows that ayp works a lot more better than other systems of practices i was involved in. (at least for me it does)

concerning another matter at hand; The last 3 to 4 days i've been experiencing an automatic and very noticeable and gradual slowing down in my breathing during and outside of my spiritual practices.

until today in precise where my breath turned very slow and it's been going on all day long.

i don't know what will happen to it tomorrow.

but i must admit there is more silence and mindfulness going on.

your opinions on the matter would be much appreciated.

kindest regards,

Ananda

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All bodily systems slow down when we get more inner stillness. The slow breath is one clear symptom of that. Slower digestion, lower puls, and lower body temperature may be other symptoms.

I've had these slow breaths or even longer breath cessations (up to minutes) since 3 years, increasingly in periods then lesser in periods. It's like ocean waves going through the whole field. The "normal" slow rate is 15 sec inhale, 15-20 sec exhale. Approximately 2 breaths/min. It can be that slow even during exercise, running, having a pulse of 160 bpm.

A popular saying is that the breath and the mind synchronizes, so the emptier mind, the slower breath. That is not true at all in my experience. I can have total breath cessations for long periods of time without any noticable differences in mind activity. (But then again, this mind seems to be a bit odd when comparing with many others... I have several "TV-channels" going on simultaenously.)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  06:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello emc,

and thk you for the nice post and hope that things will settle down with that mind of yours as well as mine.

by the way when those several tv channels are on sometimes, i just site and watch them and let them go. (plain old self enquiry)

namaste my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  10:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's nice to hear! Good for you! (I have them in the background as elevator music. I pay no attention to them, and they are of no interest, so they are not disturbing in any way.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000