Deep Meditation & Marijuana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

slenten

23 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  5:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bell bottoms, hee-hee! jo-self, i used to wear them in the late '70s and toke up, still do so about once a month - minus bell bottoms. back then, we used to alter the lyrics of the BOC song, "Don't Fear the Reaper": we sang, "Don't Fear the Reefer!" it's still a timely admonishment.

Carson is right, different strains make all the difference. with a clear, sativa high, it's a great dissociative, making concentration easier but the next day i find a slight deficit on the intuitive side (fuzzy, less subtlety) which is important for riding finer conscious states. this could be due to my tolerance and the infrequency of use.

i haven't meditated with it. i usually smoke with my wife and we enjoy the aphrodisiac effects together. i guess i prefer to keep them separate, although i do asanas sometimes when i'm stoned.

that's the paradox, themysticseeker, it's great for one-pointedness but dulls somewhat. still, all those sadhus (and Ramakrishna) can't be wrong.

well...why not? i think i'll try it tonight.

... 15hrs later...

Last night, I cooked a joint's worth in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ate it. A good, strong, high resulted. Meditated for 2hrs on and off. Slight drift to trance but depth was amazing, clarity was not attenuated by the high. Kundalini was more easily controlled, a smoother energy movement. Interestingly, it was easy to use only the focusing part of the high and ignore the voluptuous sensory input. Yantra gazing was not as effective. Intoning OM seemed like an unnecessary burden but starting a wave of consecutive relaxation pulses (analogous to silent OM on energy level) to the mid brain really tightened focus but had the tendency to relax and drift to trance. Real depth and solidity of Being in the Hara and good heart opening. Easy to stay deep, and, even after leaving to attend to tea making, it was easy to reenter meditation. Overall, I'd say it was a quite positive experience and has great utility for retreats. I'm really convinced now that it is a sacred plant, not to be used for idle amusement in social settings. With sufficient purity of purpose the plant offers spiritual benefits.

Edited by - slenten on Mar 01 2009 5:10:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  12:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha Slenten......

I can just picture someone walking in on you as you hold your lighter under the spoon "cooking" your weed into the olive oil and freaking out cause they think you are cooking something else....hahahaha.

Love,
Carson

P.S. I know you probably didn't do it this way, it was just the first picture that came to mind and it made me laugh...thanks.
Go to Top of Page

slenten

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  4:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ha! cooking up with julia childs: the lost episode.

Edited by - slenten on Mar 01 2009 5:06:24 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000