AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Chakra Information Wanted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lightworker

11 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  07:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lightworker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, was wondering where I can get any details on which chakra does what and such as I'm writing a research paper on it, websites, books, cds and whatever other reccomendations you have will be welcomed.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  11:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP doesn't recommend specific chakra work because it is similar to the average person cutting open his body and trying to improve things by making changes.
If you click on "Yoga FAQ" at the top of this page, and check out "chakras" there you will find more info in that. Or if you want to ignore that advice and find out about "operating" on your own chakras, google.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  11:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a book " kundalini Tantra" published by the Bihar School of Yoga. There is fairly exhaustive info. in it on Chakras
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  2:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"The chakras, the garden of God" by Goswami Kriyananda.

Quote from the Temple of kriya yoga : "This home study program is the most comprehensive course you will find on the esoteric philosophy of the chakras. It contains a clear, concise presentation which corrects many widely held misunderstandings about kundalini and offers methods with which to awaken and develop its potential for psychological and spiritual transformation."

Extremely valuable information if your looking for Wisdom and techniques (which I don't practice as I stick to AYP). Goswami Kriyananda blends his understanding of esoteric astrology with the eastern knowledge of the chakras. Truly fascinating stuff.

http://www.yogakriya.org/php/chakras.php

Ps. The course is also available in book format in french and goes for less than 45 USD.
Go to Top of Page

Lightworker

11 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  3:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lightworker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah Etherfish I'm not too interested in working with the Chakras directly for my papers, I'm far more interested in what they correspond to, like red root, orange abundance and so forth. But I'll take either of the informations quite happily.

Edited by - Lightworker on Nov 15 2008 4:26:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holderlin

Lebanon
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  09:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holderlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Thibaud,

From what I could see, the French version does not include the 17 CDs that come with the English language course. How important is the information on them?

Do you think that this course could be of value to someone who already has numerous books on the Chakras (Satyananda, Motoyama and Goswami)?

Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Holderlin,

I have only the french book version of the course so I can't tell you if there is added material on the Cds.
But I've ordered from the Temple of Kriya yoga the introductory course on Astrology, and it seems the Cds are just the oral narration of the written course by Goswami Kriyananda (I only had time to skim lightly through the course, so I can't be 100% positive).

I defnitely think this course on the chakras could have some value to you or else you wouldn't be asking me.

More seriously I found the teaching and the teacher so powerful that I have no motivation to seek elsewhere for info on the chakras.

You'll find here interviews with Goswami Kriyananda to give you a feeling for the great Teacher I found him to be :
http://www.kriyafrance.com/archives/

Hope this helps

Edited by - thibaud05 on Dec 05 2008 5:02:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holderlin

Lebanon
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  7:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holderlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Thibaud! It definitely helps!

I have mailed the Temple to inquire about this matter. They answered really quickly. The CDs are not readings from the book and contain additionnal material.

I'm gonna check the interviews, and then, maybe, get the course as a Xmas present to myself

Cheers,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000