Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Houses built on sand
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knowingunknown

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  11:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit knowingunknown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear seekers,

Your houses are built on sand, your ideas are full of air, your questions arise within The Answer, your grasping and searching keep you stuck in the belief that there is some-thing to find, some-where to get to and some-one doing it.

Stop. Go back. Back up. Be Still.

Striving is a fool's game. Empty talk falls within Emptiness Itself. Talking about It will Never get you Here. Searching for It takes you away from It.

There are No Realized Beings. Never have been, never will be. Trust that those in whom you are busy worrying over if there is Understanding in Place are indeed Empty. There is no-one home. No one to care. No one not to care. Nothing.

The Guru, Sage or Enlightened One does not care what is thought or not thought about the body those within the dream believe him to be. Those thoughts are more dreams within the dream. The one who cares is the one who thinks by Pointing to the man in which Understanding has occurred that something can be seen, heard or proven that will Reveal Understanding.

In happens within your own Heart or it doesn't happen at all.

And, yes... nothing happens.

Step away from the mind's constant need to understand. It never will. Not now, not even in Understanding. Truth Trascends even the most brilliant intellectual grasp of This.

This Stands Alone.

Whether or not the Sage appears to be drooling, laughing, crying or screaming is neither here nore there.

Fools mistake a Sage for a man. The Sage sees no man.

Be Still. Only Here is Truth Revealed.

Blessings.

Edited by - AYPforum on Nov 16 2008 4:55:25 PM

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  1:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i can appreciate your words and what they are saying, can i understand them fully, not sure because i am not still as you say. Yes i have been seeking, did jesus not say "seek and ye shall find?" So each time i feel alive and it goes away, the empty feeling comes back, the hopeless feeling comes back, so i strive on seeking a way to find the heart, but that comes in "be still and know that i am"? brother/sister, not sure which one you are, i guess you cant show me the way, because there is no way. i ask for the acceptance and the experience that enables you to type the words with peace. Until then i dont really know anything
i am
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  1:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother Neil,

How can you understand "fully"? haha. Just bugging you as you said the same thing to me in another thread.
My new favorite saying is "Seek nothing but to cease seeking"...don't know where it came from, just appeared in my head a month or two ago, but I thought it would be appropriate for this topic.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

knowingunknown

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit knowingunknown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BR: i can appreciate your words and what they are saying, can i understand them fully, not sure because i am not still as you say.

Dear friend, you are still lost in the belief that mind, or this illusive "me", will ever Understand. This is a fallacy that keeps the mind in motion, creates a sense of doership and further instills the wrong idea of going from Point A to Point B. Be Still means nothing other then letting go of the false ideas that "you" will ever grasp the Ungraspable, know the Unknowable, dis-cover the Unhidden or are ever anywhere aside from Here. Now.

BR:Yes i have been seeking, did jesus not say "seek and ye shall find?"

By all means, seek. But do so with an empty mind and open heart. This is not about finding something, but about letting go of the attachments that hide the Ever Present Reality. Don't just empty the cup, throw out the cup entirely.

BR: So each time i feel alive and it goes away, the empty feeling comes back, the hopeless feeling comes back, so i strive on seeking a way to find the heart, but that comes in "be still and know that i am"?

Sweet friend, you are never lost. How could you be? You are Always Right Here Right Now. Feeling hopeless springs from the ego's desire to control. Behind this hopeless feeling lies Unimaginable Peace. Don't run from the feelings that arise, hoping to discard them. Rather, sit through them and dis-cover the Empty Space from which they arise.

BR: brother/sister, not sure which one you are, i guess you cant show me the way, because there is no way.

There is no brother or sister here, dear one. Only your Self. I AM what you Truly Are. Lay down the labels of the world and embrace unknowing. You have no identity, so stop trying to create one. And you are right, there is No Way. It is a pathless Path through a gateless Gate. But there are fingers, sign posts and directions that Point to The Moon. The first one shared here is stop grasping and clinging. Freedom is a not construct propped up by mind, but Transcends mind all together.

BR: i ask for the acceptance and the experience that enables you to type the words with peace. Until then i dont really know anything
i am brother neil

Acceptance is a given. Why think otherwise? Experiences are overrated, for they imply a "whom" in which the experience occurs. The Point is for no experience at all. Until then, rest in the Fact that All is Well, you are never lost and there is nothing to attain. There is only The Obvious to dis-cover and it doesn't come with mandates, expectations or imgainings. It comes when you lay those down once and for all.

You Understand. What you Truly Are is Understanding Itself. If you didn't Understand, you wouldn't think to ask the questions. BE The Answer... the questions have no reality.

Blessings.

Edited by - knowingunknown on Nov 13 2008 9:52:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  10:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
""The one who cares is the one who thinks by Pointing to the man in which Understanding has occurred that something can be seen, heard or proven that will Reveal Understanding.""
many people point to many men/women, so how is it discerned the one who has true understanding? and the one pointing to the one in which understanding occurs, how does the one pointing know that understanding has occurred?
knowingunknown, these questions are not meant as attacks to your words, but as honest questions from one who seeks sincerely, but not as diligently as i should.
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

knowingunknown

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  11:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit knowingunknown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"The one who cares is the one who thinks by Pointing to the man in which Understanding has occurred that something can be seen, heard or proven that will Reveal Understanding."

BR: many people point to many men/women, so how is it discerned the one who has true understanding?

Through observation of the actions, the fruits of their teachings, whether the teachings mirror and reflect the Great Teachings of the Great Teachers throughout the ages and the progress of the seeker.

BR: and the one pointing to the one in which understanding occurs, how does the one pointing know that understanding has occurred?

One won't Fully Know until One is Here himself. Until then, see above.

BR: knowingunknown, these questions are not meant as attacks to your words, but as honest questions from one who seeks sincerely, but not as diligently as i should.

There is no one to offend.

Blessings Brother Neil.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  07:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks again KUK
time for me to go build my house upon the rock.
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

knowingunknown

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  2:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit knowingunknown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Let God be the foundation. Not your concepts of, ideas or imaginigs of God, but God: the Giver and Sustainer of ALL.

One need only rest firmly in The Heart, see that thoughts and imaginings are empty in and of themselves, then let Grace lead.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  7:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does KUK offer more than words?

No definitions anywhere, but pious pronunciamentos galore!

Vaporware!
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  7:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
knowingunknown,

I must say, I read all your post until now, and I really liked them. I find them really inspiring, nurturing even. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

knowingunknown

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  9:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit knowingunknown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Newpov: Does KUK offer more than words?

What else, dear friend, would you expect to see on a discussion board?

Newpov: No definitions anywhere, but pious pronunciamentos galore!

There is no such thing as a definition, weary wanderer. This would imply that there was a "some-thing" which could be defined. You have barely skimmed the surface and are still under the dellusion that your definitions, ideas, ideologies, theories, insights or so called knowledge has any importance what-so-ever. These beliefs are the seed of ignorance, separation and suffering.

Blessings.

Edited by - knowingunknown on Nov 15 2008 02:45:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

knowingunknown

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  9:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit knowingunknown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogaislife: I must say, I read all your post until now, and I really liked them. I find them really inspiring, nurturing even. Thank you.

Am glad they are of benefit to you. May the Reality behind the words be Known.

Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  4:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000