Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  07:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is to Yoganiji or any body else who may kindly respond:
It is stated that one of the add-ons in SPB is Siddhasana,as this helps to put a slight pressure on the perinium. While I am trying to slowly learn to sit in siddhasana, firstly, I find that, as you sit and start SPB, the heel gradually moves away from the perinium reducing the pressure on it to almost nothing, and secondly, there is pain in the ankle bones,(sitting on each other.
I was wondering if the same pressure can be simulated by placing a small ball under the perinium. Will this be O.K. ?

Edited by - AYPforum on Nov 10 2008 07:53:05 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  09:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the lesson on Shiddhasana Yogani says:
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/75.html
For those who are unable to get into crossed legs for any reason, there can still be siddhasana, with the effects created by different means. You can use a prosthetic wherever you sit for pranayama and meditation. Maybe a rubber ball, or a hard little pillow, something that will approximate the pressure of your heel pressing up on your perineum. This is perfectly adequate. You can do it that way. You can avoid having to train your body in the physical bending and so on. You will still be training your sexual energy, which is the point of siddhasana. Everything else will be the same as discussed above. You will just be using a different method to achieve the same results.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  12:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there!

Just another idea: If you're having the problems you mentioned while sitting on the floor, you might want to try sitting on a pillow on a bed.

I have pain and discomfort trying to sit in siddhasana on the floor, but when I sit on my bed with a pillow under me, siddhasana is more comfortable and I can maintain it through SBP.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  11:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Cosmic_Trolls and Shanti, for your responses. Another question I had was : " Is it useful to practice moolabandha and siddhasana even during Meditation" ?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  08:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Thanks, Cosmic_Trolls and Shanti, for your responses. Another question I had was : " Is it useful to practice moolabandha and siddhasana even during Meditation" ?

If mulabandha happens naturally and/or it is not distracting you.. then.. yes.. you can. If you are comfortable in Siddhasana and it is not distracting you.. again, yes you can.. During meditation you don't want to add anything that will take your attention outwards and cause a distraction.. that is why Yogani suggests sitting on a soft surface, having back support, being comfortable.. Your mind and thoughts will bring up enough distractions.. you don't need to add any more distractions externally.
quote:
http://aypsite.org/55.html
During meditation, we don't deliberately do any of the practices we are doing in pranayama. If we find ourselves in mulabandha in meditation, we don't favor it or push it out. We just easily come back to the mantra. We want to keep our meditation as simple and pure as possible – just that simple procedure of using the mantra. You may notice a change in experiences in meditation as more ecstatic energy is naturally flowing through the body after pranayama. Ecstasy is just one more thing that can be happening during meditation, like thoughts, feelings and physical sensations. We just easily favor the mantra, let it refine and disappear over and over again. This will make the rising sexual essences all the more pleasurable in the subtle nervous system. Meditation will be all the more effective as pure bliss consciousness rises, and permeates and expands inside the ecstatic energies coursing through the nervous system. Extraordinary joy!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000