Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 optimal sequencing of dm, tantra, and sbp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  10:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
deletion

Edited by - newpov on Nov 09 2008 8:12:02 PM

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  11:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good question. I had it myself in the form: how to best cultivate energy in the body?

I still cannot move energy around with breath while being sexually active (tantra) although it is clear to see that sexual energy has been stimulated (obviously).

On the other hand, with microcormic orbit (I use this instead of SBP becasue it is more confortable to me - front channel block?) I definately I can feel energy circulating, which is pleaseant and stimulatory, not in an intense sexual feeling, but definitely some excitment there.

I think Yogani suggests his tantra practices not as a means or tool for spiritual advancement, but as an aid, quite secondary to the rest of the practices (with DM and SBP being the primary focus). Tantra techniques are for those sexually active already, that can use them to re-direct the sexual energy to higher purposes. So, if you are sexually very active you might want to consider incorporating tantra practices to your sexual activities. If not I think DM and SBP are the primary concerns here.

My 2 cents...
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  11:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
deletion

Edited by - newpov on Nov 09 2008 8:12:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  11:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by newpov

Hi all,

Rookie here.

Consider 3 practices: Tantra, Deep Meditation, and Spinal Breathing Pranayama.

What is the optimal order or sequence in which to take up these three practices, and WHY?

As I understand things, DM promotes stillness and concentration, not energetics.

Since SBP is THE energetics practice, do we gain ANYTHING by beginning solo tantra, ostensibly for energy management (possibly well) before commencing SBP?

How does tantra benefit meditation practice, if you claim it does, even before one begins pranayama practice?

Thanks all.

newpov

Deep meditation is the primary practice. It cultivates inner stillness which is the base. However, since stillness and energy is One, meditation ALSO increases energy levels. This is important to remember. If we overdo meditation, we will suffer from energy overload and thus we self-pace also meditation appropriately.

Spinal Breathing Pranayama does not only increase energies, but first of all BALANCES energies and stillness. The function of SBP depends on where the being is on his/her journey. Different effects from the practice due to different stages of evolution. Needs some testing and self-discovery to find out what suits best for each and everyone.

Tantra cultivates the sexual energies and makes the most out of them, instead having them go down the drain in sexual release. If we are already high in energies, tantra will most certainly create overload. (I've been unable to practice tantra more than what naturally occurs when I meet a man. It gives me overload symptoms immediately.) So tantra is a complement to DM and SPB, very useful for some as described by Yogaislife.

I'd say tantric practices can be good as a starter since it brings more awareness to the area of sex, and what it's all about - cultivating sexual energy to divine ecstacy. But tantra will require meditation after a while, since balance is the key. To be on the safe side, then, meditation is recommended to begin with, so that inner stillness is the base of further development. Everything is contained within the stillness. It's nice and safe to first find the platform from which the energies and beautiful scenery can swirl... or else we may be swirled around and fly uncontrolled with the winds... I did that. Do not recommend!

My Swedish Krona...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000