Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 An update from a newbie...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  6:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Well its been a short while since I finished Wilder and I am still shocked by the momment I first learned about Kechari!(I think its applications are multifold as I have done just a little research regards it)

Then I purchased the AYP Lessons book read and digested a little a here's my progress.

I wake up at 6.30 in the morning wash my face and the I start my practice.I seat myself in the lotus position with my back resting against a wall.I then close my eyes let my thoughts go and start the "I AM" meditation.

I am still not very happy because sometimes I have to adjust my seating position and let my knee come up to my chest to relieve the discomfort on my knees.

I drift in and out of the mantra as instructed and pick back up on it when I become aware I have lost it.

Sometimes in the morning almost 40 minutes have passed by the time I have rested and come out!I have so much more energy now!

I repeat the above at 10 o'clock at night because I spend time with my wife and child.

Its harder and sometimes I may only last 10-15 minutes but I keep plugging away.

I havent started deep breathing yet and dont intend to until I feel the need to do so.

I find that my nerves are twitching sometimes whilst meditating sometimes even after I have finished,this can happen body wide.

More recentley I have a very peculiar feeling in my (sorry ladies) genital regions.

Its like a constant vibrating/ringing/osciallting feeling a bit like when you hit the funny bone in your elbow but this seems to be *constant* like all the time.Should I be worried?

I just ignore it and get on with my work.

I guess thats most of it for now.

Maha

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  10:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maha,

Sounds like your practice is going very well.

If you don't have a comfortable seat during DM try doing more hatha.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  01:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am still not very happy because sometimes I have to adjust my seating position and let my knee come up to my chest to relieve the discomfort on my knees.

Hi Mahabharata,
Are you using full lotus? If you are then try half lotus, it is much easier, or just cross your leggs, that's easier still!

quote:
More recentley I have a very peculiar feeling in my (sorry ladies) genital regions.

Its like a constant vibrating/ringing/osciallting feeling a bit like when you hit the funny bone in your elbow but this seems to be *constant* like all the time.Should I be worried?

This can happen from time to time, and is nothing to worry about.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  06:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You both for your replies and encouragment.

Christi I will try just crossing my legs and slowly taking from there you are again right.

Hopefully as the years go by and I progress I can put some of this to some use and give back to Humanity.

Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  4:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Maha

It is good to hear how it is going with you. I have been following AYP now for nearly 3 months and like you I get up early in the morning, practise and go on with my day. I have a lot more energy and do not feel it if I do not get so much sleep these days.

I tend to meditate earlier in the evening than you, when I get home from work is a good time for me, before my husband gets in and I have the house to myself. I find myself really looking forward to it and have noticed the effects in my daily activities.

One thing I do find is that I can get a bit irritable and even resting 10 minutes does not stop this sometimes. What does tend to help is to open up to the irritability and just accept it without externalising it.

I have lots of vibration happening in my body at various times, not unpleasant but it feels as if energy is moving about doing its own thing, which is how I like to think of it anyway
Go to Top of Page

foralways

Sweden
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  2:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit foralways's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello all :)

nice to hear about some progress and other newbies.
i have all sorts of vibrations, mostly in my back, but also tingling in arms.
i feel very lucky to have found meditation and yoga (been doing it for 2 months now), and i am just amazed of how it affects me.
and to feel this good and to just be in the very very beginning, is just making me smile.
and cant wait to read the books.

i have too experianced getting irritable,and sometimes headaches or just a lot of pressure from inside, but reducing practice helps. (am also doing kundalini yoga, which i actually was what made me google and find this page)

oh well, nice to share.

thank you yogani for putting up this page!!
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kathy123

Hello Maha

It is good to hear how it is going with you. I have been following AYP now for nearly 3 months and like you I get up early in the morning, practise and go on with my day. I have a lot more energy and do not feel it if I do not get so much sleep these days.

I tend to meditate earlier in the evening than you, when I get home from work is a good time for me, before my husband gets in and I have the house to myself. I find myself really looking forward to it and have noticed the effects in my daily activities.

One thing I do find is that I can get a bit irritable and even resting 10 minutes does not stop this sometimes. What does tend to help is to open up to the irritability and just accept it without externalising it.

I have lots of vibration happening in my body at various times, not unpleasant but it feels as if energy is moving about doing its own thing, which is how I like to think of it anyway

Hello Kathy...

Its good to see that you are progressing and are sticking with it...

Well Done!

I too have absolute masses more energy now more than at anytime in my life...

I too suffer from *much* irritabilty but I just accept it now rather than fight it and use as an excuse to stop...It actually makes me want to do it more and for longer periods...

There are other reasons but suffice to say I really want to progress in this life as oppossed to regress...

Best wishes and keep in touch...

Maha

Edited by - mahabaratara on Nov 13 2008 5:57:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by foralways

hello all :)

nice to hear about some progress and other newbies.
i have all sorts of vibrations, mostly in my back, but also tingling in arms.
i feel very lucky to have found meditation and yoga (been doing it for 2 months now), and i am just amazed of how it affects me.
and to feel this good and to just be in the very very beginning, is just making me smile.
and cant wait to read the books.

i have too experianced getting irritable,and sometimes headaches or just a lot of pressure from inside, but reducing practice helps. (am also doing kundalini yoga, which i actually was what made me google and find this page)

oh well, nice to share.

thank you yogani for putting up this page!!

Good to see others benefitting...

My best wishes and thanks for the regards...

Maha
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  3:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Everybody.

Just to update you I cant believe its been that long since I started my practice.My how time very literally flies!

Unfortunately the past year and a little has been very very painful on a personal level and this has damaged my practices to the core.(But please be aware that because of them too I have been able to cope too).

We are involved in a family business and what we do does not matter.Its the fact we were doing it together.

Me my dad and brother.

In November '09 my father suffered a massive stroke.It left him with no function on the right hand side of his body.Lost movement in his arm and leg totally.It took a long time for him to recover and didnt come home until early February '10.

My wife was around three months pregnant in August/September and due t complications the child was lost and being very very serious she nearly lost her life in the process too.That took a massive toll on me.

A couple of weeks later unfortunately my father had a relapse and when I got home it looked like he was having a another stroke.Luckily he was home later that day if somewhat shaken.

Business was going to suffer as I just had lost interest a little.

Did it stop there?

No.

I returned to the office to find my brother had in tears.

It turned out he was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer at the age of 34.A non smoker/drinker and fit as a fiddle.

By now as you can imagine I was nearing breakdown myself (even now when I go to the office once where there was three now there is just me) and I am doing do as I write these words) but I just let it come out.

It affected my practice to the point where its a couple of times per week.

I questioned everything even the nature of my existence and God.I came VERY close to just turning my back on it all. (Practices and God that is).

But I haven't I just hope I get dig deep and get back into the habit.

I wish you all a Happy New Year.

Maha
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  01:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha - I'm really sorry to hear about what sounds like an extremely difficult period in the lives of yourself and family. I've found the yoga practise can be like an anchor to keep you steady in life's stormy sees so I hope you do keep them up. Wishing you all the best, Josh.
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My heart goes out to you, Maha. I can barely imagine the emotional storm you have been living in.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  5:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mahabaratara,

Thank you for sharing, and may all be the best for you, may you grow in consciousness and peace no matter what happens.

Love

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  6:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mahabaratara

You sound like a very strong man to continue with work and practices during this challenging time. Your story has made me realise how trivial much of my own suffering is. I agree with mr_anderson in that I find my practice to be an anchor during challenging times. Thank you very much for sharing and I wish you the best in this new year.

Lots of LOVE to you mahabaratara
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  5:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I Thank You All!

I am surprised I actually even put all that down but I did.

Anyway there *is* a renewed commitment and I slowly getting back to where I should be.

Regards Maha
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  09:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha,

Just read your post and I was touched by your story. I was wondering how your practices have been since your last post? I know this is something that has been repeated here many times, but just remember to take hold of all the pain and anger, feelings of injustice and grief that you might have and direct the energy within those emotions towards this purpose. "I don't want this" can easily become "I want freedom from this" and then "I want to keep practising in order to gain my freedom", if you remain vigilant and jump on those feelings as they arise. And practising WILL give you freedom. It may not seem like it but suffering is an essential part of the process, it gives us motivation to practice and move towards something better. You're on the right path, keep it up

Love,

Alex

Edited by - Wafu on Feb 11 2011 3:53:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  4:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest my practices have been utter rubbish.

With having to look after the business and all I just have gotten around to them.

Its my express intention to fix it rapidly.

Thanks for asking.

Maha
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  6:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mahabaratara

To be honest my practices have been utter rubbish.

With having to look after the business and all I just have gotten around to them.

Its my express intention to fix it rapidly.

Thanks for asking.

Maha

Not sure if you'd be interested, but here is a lesson that is written for really busy people.
Lesson 209 - Fitting daily practices into a busy schedule
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  6:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that Shanti.

I would also like to thank you for all your insightful posts over the years they have helped me so much. (As have Christi's)

Its holiday time over here so my better half and child are away for nearly a week.

I have affirmed my intention to get back to where I was.

Its time I got serious about AYP again and with whats going on around the world I guess we all have a small part to play.

One of my energy bodies in constantly fluttering I my best guess is I am going to have some Kundalini action again soon.

Kind Regards Maha

Edited by - mahabaratara on Feb 18 2011 7:04:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  7:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your kind words and great to hear that you will be starting practices again, Maha.

Consider the break as a life imposed self pacing...

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  4:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I managed a good session the other night and hope to be back in full swing by March.

Its better now the sun is shining!

Go to Top of Page

current event

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mahabaratara,
I feel lots of compassion for you and hope that you derive strength from your trials rather than succumbing to despair. I know that in my personal story, in this life, that the biggest trials have been the motivation for a search for deeper meaning for me. Without these setbacks I would never have been motivated to come out of my comfortable cave.

Lots of love and strength to you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000