AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 self inquiry, emptiness, light, this & that
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  5:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since I started practicing yoga, I've been doing the neti neti practice (a form of self-inquiry) spontaneously and automatically. Always tracing causal relationships down to the root of identification with something. As time went on this "tracing" has refined into a letting go.

But why does there have to be a letting go? Why is there another contraction after the previous letting go? It's because of my old programming, attachements, barriers in the nervous system.

But it's getting better all the time and these repeated "contractions" have been occuring progressively less and less. And I've found that it's the witness emerging from everywhere. It's the shine :)

Although I don't stay (t)here all the time, it's always possible to enter again. While in neti neti, I would mentally do something equivalent to saying "not this, not that". Now it's more like accepting everything into myself, being it.

Sometimes I mentally help it like this. First, I say (or release, like a sutra in samyama) - emptiness. This is unbounded awareness, everything and nothing at the same time. Then I say/release - light. This is everything manifested, silent conscious presence, cosmos, movement of that.

It's sort of a mental nudge that I wanted to share :)

Next thing - a related note I made in September:

When you're in meditation maybe you sometimes have this sort of "unhappening" happen to you. Everything falls into it's place and that's it. Then there's just being itself, the everflowing, infinitely complex, pulsating membrane... stillness, moving :)

One day there came the realization:) that there's no reason to ever leave this place again. That when I get up from my meditation seat, nothing ends, nothing starts, the flow just flows and that's it. Of course, this presence still gets overshadowed by the mind's workings, or more precisely by the remaining habits of (self-)identification.

In this flow, there are no people. When one realizes this while interacting with someone, it brings great relaxation, relief and also love and acceptance. While speaking, one can see that nothing is being said, see the emptiness of the whole process that is hapenning, see through the language structure that is being built in the flow and that then merges with it and leaves nothing. Everything can be seen just as pure movement in stillness, a wave that has nothing attached to it, that means nothing.

I view being in the flow as the ultimate way of being able to act in a non-selfish way. When everything is inside you, but at the same outside you (=empty, without identification) then one's free to act, but at the same time, there's no need to act. What you do is honest :)

If you can remain in this place and interact with people, everything seems to be taking place inside you. This flow also contains one's sexuality. The huge drive that is in every one of us can be merged with the flow. It means completely giving in to the sexual impulse, being it... not necessarily acting on it, but just giving up, giving in. And when this happens, there's no need for any further gratification, because you're one with the process of life that is taking place.

Edited by - tadeas on Nov 08 2008 5:21:42 PM

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  6:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tadeas

When you're in meditation maybe you sometimes have this sort of "unhappening" happen to you. Everything falls into it's place and that's it. Then there's just being itself, the everflowing, infinitely complex, pulsating membrane... stillness, moving :)

One day there came the realization:) that there's no reason to ever leave this place again. That when I get up from my meditation seat, nothing ends, nothing starts, the flow just flows and that's it. Of course, this presence still gets overshadowed by the mind's workings, or more precisely by the remaining habits of (self-)identification.

Thank you, tadeas, for a very nice post. Indeed, the mind will try to disturb and take over again. It is the way the mind is designed, and it's attempts will go finer and finer. If we are aware of that we can avoid getting into a fight or struggle with it, but instead cherish it, thank it for doing such a nice job and continue to watch its moves. We created that function ourselves, we created it to come and block every attempt to move beyond it into silence. When the door creeks open to silence, the alarmbell rings and all thoughts, emotions, physical pains or other egostructures will run like heaps of cockroaches to close the door again. Eventually it is bound to bow to the Self, and it will go more and more silent. Becoming the servant rather than the master.

quote:
emptiness. This is unbounded awareness, everything and nothing at the same time. Then I say/release - light. This is everything manifested, silent conscious presence, cosmos, movement of that.

This is a wonderful description. So many ways to describe the undescribable... It inspires me to share my latest realizations...

From THAT, the Absolute, who cannot know itself, nor can be described
came at the same time, at the same moment,
consciousness AND life force - the yin and yang principles
Being and The Shine
both are One and the same, yet divided into Two
or else it would not know itself. It takes two to create a knowing of anything. It must be stillness in order to detect the ripples as something... and something must move as a contrast to the stillness or else nothing would ever happen. There would be no Tree of Life.

Consciousness can watch, sense and know movement as its beloved
it can know HER as life force through her movements. Consciousness can't be aware of itself, so it needs variety to see itself with "a hundred eyes", so multiplicity was created. Consciousness is the I - the eye, expressed through our third eye!!! Personalized individual BEINGS enable consciousness to know itself. That's the beauty of all and everyone - we are flowers of different colours and shapes... to be enjoyed...

Imagine the infinity sign - the lying eight... One bubble is consciousness - the non-existence. The other bubble is life force - existence. They are eternal and infinite, always New and expanding, a married couple dancing forever. In the middle where the lines cross, there is the I, the eye, the third eye. THAT, The absolute, is the whole sign in its totality and beyond. THAT is not the consciousness - consciousness came out of THAT. It is therefore possible to go beyond BEING!!! It is possible to go beyond the Witness. I am and I am not. I am THAT as THIS - THIS is consciousness and life force. I see the Yin-yang symbol swirling all over the place... And I am not. Even the I can dissolve... into the Absolute Nothingness, where even awareness is superfluous... cause there's nothing to Be Aware of... and noone there to be Aware... and nothing is happening at all... no being, no movement, no yin-yang couple dancing...

The third eye can turn inwards and go home, no end to that journey, it can go into consciousness, the beingness, all the way to THAT or beyond... cause the Mystery never ends... It can turn outwards and EXPRESS, create and materialize, or go into unconscious matter and make it conscious - consciousness expanding. It is the constant becoming of everything in the Now. In realizing that, we become the Creators of this Life. Instead of having the Ego create our lives (we all know what suffering that is) we can let Life create freely - and go with the Flow, which you describe so beautifully! Or we can detect the seeds of Reality in our minds, and go with that! New, creative ideas that can grow in Truth. True creativity, of which Osho used to speak so dearly about!!!

I too see the Flow from meditation practices continue over the day... Everything becomes meditation. And I am invited to enjoy!

Thank you, tadeas, You are Beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  8:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc :)
thanks for the beautiful reply :)
Did you see the link and quote I posted over here in Katrine's topic? http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=4614#39453
It talks about the same thing :) Inspiring... :D
Take care.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  03:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, no, I had not seen that topic or link. Thank you for pointing me to it! Very nice link! It sums it up beautifully!

What is a bit puzzling for me, is that it can be this clear understanding and knowing of this, yet there's this fluctuating state in which the degree of how much it can be lived consciously in manifestation is constantly wobbling... It became rather obvious also at the retreat, that the variation on how realizations come to a person, on different levels, of different sorts, is enormous! There's a multitude of realizations on different areas, different depths, different combinations for each and everyone. It has taught me that comparison is futile. Absolutely futile. We can all help to fill in the blancs for eachother. We all have realizations that can benefit others, so sharing is important. Forums like this is invaluable!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  08:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tadeas

Thanks for sharing

quote:
But it's getting better all the time and these repeated "contractions" have been occuring progressively less and less. And I've found that it's the witness emerging from everywhere. It's the shine :)

Yes That's beautiful, Tadeas.

quote:
While in neti neti, I would mentally do something equivalent to saying "not this, not that". Now it's more like accepting everything into myself, being it.

Yes.....the allowing of everything is much less effort, isn't it...

And it is perceived like this now......because the allowing leaves the mind uncontracted...open...........and then that which is the real Self - You - is free to witness......The energy/the attention left the mindfunction to itself. Instead it dwells with itself......and everything it sees (not just the thoughts) is just an extention of itself. All of it is You.

quote:
I view being in the flow as the ultimate way of being able to act in a non-selfish way.

Yes

I am experiencing...... that the "selfish" action....even this action is not done by Katrine. No actions are. Katrine is just an idea I have of myself. I have bought into this idea for the longest time.....invested in it.....given it energy/attenton (life).

And the hanging on to the idea that Katrine is the doer is the first contraction. It blurs the perception of the effortless flow that life is. Life already is effortless! And deep inside, this is known.....so.....the more identified I am with Katrine as the doer, the more narrow the perception......what is perceived is more and more "extracted" from the juice that is the life in the action to begin with. And the more troubled the consequences of the actions.......more and more separate ....less and less love is perceived......

And the very fact that I stay with the idea that Katrine is the doer....the very fact that I narrow myself into that idea...and then take it to be what I am......taking this idea to be the mover.....

.......this itself is the selfishness.

It is not bad - it is simply a mis-perception.

We dwell in so much unworthiness because of the thought that says this is BAD. We hate ourselves because we believe this thought. And we believe ourselves to be this "somebody" that thinks this. While all it is ....are thoughts invested in. So much pain is suppressed because of it. We are told of SIN and EVIL. And identify with these concepts......

But all it is.......is a misunderstanding.

What it takes to allign the perception to what actually is....is proper Guidence.......Love.

And this is the Guru within. The sacred, holy principle.

So thank God for meditation!

That makes it so much easier to come home to ourselves. And even enjoy the process of it. Even before consciously at home.....we enjoy so much more because we meditate and have the energy of the inner guidence/love with us all day. It is this that enjoys. A thought can not enjoy.

quote:
When everything is inside you, but at the same outside you (=empty, without identification) then one's free to act, but at the same time, there's no need to act.

Yes
Because action happens of itself. It is spontanious already. No need....because the intention and the action is simultanious. They do not arise apart from each other....they are one expression already. And it is this Joy I miss when I insist that it is Katrine that acts.

quote:
What you do is honest :)

Yes!
So simple, isn't it....
What happens is honest....because it is the expression of what is directly real. And this is seen and enjoyed. By the realness itself

quote:
One day there came the realization:) that there's no reason to ever leave this place again. That when I get up from my meditation seat, nothing ends, nothing starts, the flow just flows and that's it

Yes That's it!
In fact - it got up from the meditation seat (after it sat down to meditate ). All by itself, it moved the body and continued to flow effortlessly. And yet - as you say - it is also witnessing itself doing this. Stillness in action...as Yogani puts it.

quote:
Of course, this presence still gets overshadowed by the mind's workings, or more precisely by the remaining habits of (self-)identification.

Yes......it is very tempting to go with mind. It pulls us away from ourselves.....so many things to check out.....so much interest in its own realm......the world of theories and stories. We invest everything (our whole attention) in it. The whole play of it....it has a million reasons to entice you to go on tour with it. Yet - by itself - when stripped....when watched.....it is noone. Katrine is noone. All she is.... is the saying of it. And that is pretty flat, isn't it

quote:
In this flow, there are no people. When one realizes this while interacting with someone, it brings great relaxation, relief and also love and acceptance. While speaking, one can see that nothing is being said, see the emptiness of the whole process that is hapenning, see through the language structure that is being built in the flow and that then merges with it and leaves nothing. Everything can be seen just as pure movement in stillness, a wave that has nothing attached to it, that means nothing.

Beautiful, Tadeas.

quote:
In this flow, there are no people.

And yet You are in all of them.

In all the bodies You dwell.

From all the eyes You shine.

And because of Grace, (one form of it is AYP ) the shining can come from all the cells of the body too.....and extend far beyond it.

And seeing Yourself in all......the significance of this has no words - no conceptual meaning. But directly experienced... it is pure meaning. It is meaningfullness itself.

So yes:

quote:
When one realizes this while interacting with someone, it brings great relaxation, relief and also love and acceptance.

And immense gratitude.

Thank you, Tadeas.
I enjoyed listening to you

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000