AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 letting it go into stillness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  2:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not sure what part of the forum to put this on.

question to my brothers and sisters. So throughout the day a thought comes up and we let it go into stillness. I have read the yogani book and I must admit, I read books only once most of the time but I do highlight and go back. So my question, the thoughts comes up "I dont want to have to practice twice a day" or something similar and at times I had gotten angry about it. One way to do it is to ask myself "why dont you want to do this" and let that going into stillnesss or to say "it is a loving thing you are doing for yourself, would you not want to show love for yourself" or somethign to that extent. So how do you go about letting thing go into the silence/stillness? and also when you have good thoughts do you let that go into the witness as well?
thanks
i am we, we are me, we are love, we are peace, we are joy
we are
i am
neil

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 03 2008 2:56:22 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  3:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Tube Buddy...

Yup, just let 'er go. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, surrender to them all and watch them float on by as a witness. Don't worry about the bad thoughts, just let them go, (just like the good ones) and keep up with your practices as long as you are still self-pacing. Don't get angry, FEEL yourself GETTING angry and then let that anger float on by with the negative thought that caused the angry reaction. Just like samyama. I actually came to a point the other day where I realized I was actually laughing at myself and my "instinctual" reactions to circumstances. I couldn't believe I used to react like I did! What a dolt! haha. It's good to be able to laugh at yourself I think. Especially when you realize you are reacting to something that isn't worth reacting to. (everything! haha) Love ya Tube

In Love,
CarsonZi

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 03 2008 4:48:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  5:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks brother carson for your input. You have seemed to make a shift, the student has become the teacher. much love for you brother/teacher. I was gonna write a longer response but i let it ........
I once read a quote that said "when you can laugh at your sickness you will be healed" well I can laugh at how crazy i am
thanks for the support, leave doubt behind and you will help MANY people, you are a smart man.
we are love, we are peace, we are joy
we are one
brother neil

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  7:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anytime.
WE ARE ONE
Carson
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  09:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found this method works for minor pain as well. Last night during meditation I had a recurring pain about every 7 seconds that was a dull minor ache. Instead of honoring my normal reaction which is resistance and "wishing it were not so" I instead gently focused on the pain when it came with detachment (oh, so thats what pain is) and then when it went away I let the thought of it go.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  12:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it is very hard to "understand" minor pain. If you aren't focussed on it, it can ruin your day, but if you take a second to focus on the pain, I find it can be very hard to "localize" and goes away almost instantly. Acknowledgment is the key I think. Acknowledge it and it will subside. Works with thoughts, works with pain, works with addiction, works just about everywhere.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000