Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 losing the desire to talk about spirituality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  5:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Some sources say that the first words spoken by the Buddha after his enlightenment were "This cannot be taught."

Ramana Maharshi was known for maintaining that the purest form of his teachings came from a powerful silence that radiated from his presence.

More and more, every day, I find myself spontaneously losing the desire to talk about spirituality.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  5:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think It happens to everyone Suryakant. That is why you will find some people at the forum disappear for a while.. this is generally after a major opening or understanding or awakening.. it is so beyond words that it seems pointless to talk about it.. and at such times.. through such phases it is best to go with that flow.. the less you talk the deeper the understanding gets.. and then there will be a call back to help.. to share.. to love.. then you go back to what flows.. that is the only way to be you know.. go with what your inner silence is guiding you to do.. enjoy the silence of not wanting to talk.. there is growth happening at these points that needs your silence.. that needs you to drop what you know and how you know to help.. by talking we reinforce our knowledge.. in silence knowing flows.. There are times it feels.. I can answer this person.. I know I can.. but words just wont flow.. at those points.. let it go.. knowing this too shall pass.

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 04 2008 5:40:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000